Link plugin to custom menu?
I'm trying to link the new The Escapist plugin to a custom menu on the home screen. I added it to a favourite using the following code:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="The Escapist">RunPlugin(plugin.video.escapistmagazine)</favourite>
</favourites>

And then I selected that as the favourite to use in the custom menu. However, nothing happens when I select the item. I'm guessing there's something wrong with my code, since it's my first try at using custom menus and favourites, so I figured I'd ask, in case there's something special I need to do to make it work.
Code:
<favourite name="The Escapist">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin.video.escapistmagazine)</favourite>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:
Code:
<favourite name="The Escapist">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin.video.escapistmagazine)</favourite>

Hmm, getting closer. That at least makes a window appear, though it's empty. It looks like that doesn't actually run the plugin, which is necessary since when the plugin runs it populates the list.

Don't know if these are relevant, but this is what I'm getting in my log after running the plugin with the code you gave me:

Code:
11:05:13 T:7668 M:4294967295   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin.video.escapistmagazine
11:05:13 T:7668 M:4294967295   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin.video.escapistmagazine) failed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Link plugin to custom menu?0