• 7(current)
HOW-TO customize the home menu with custom categories
Hello,
I've finally found the way to add playlists thanks to these tutorial, but I have a problem.

Since I've added a separate playlist for TV Shows and Anime on Confluence Mod, the Weather background is missing.
This is the original part of Home.xml
Code:
                    <item id="11">
                        <label>20343</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/tvshows.jpg</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_TVShow_Folder)]</thumb>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
                    </item>
and this what I wrote
Code:
                    <item id="11">
                        <label>20343</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/TV Shows.xsp", return)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/tvshows.jpg</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_TVShow_Folder)]</thumb>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="412">
                        <label>Anime</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/Anime.xsp", return)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/anime.jpg</icon>
                    </item>

Except from that, everything works perfect but I would like to be able to keep Weather menu.

Any ideas?
Hello,

Ive already asked this on the thread for my modded confleunce skin which supports these custom playlists but Im not having much luck so thought I would try here.

Im running Frodo on openelec and have tried to do this without any luck. I have my documentary folder from my smb share scanned in and can see it if I go to videos>files>documentary.

I managed to create a documentary custom playlist link on my home screen menu but it links to a blank folder. This folder has the three dots which links to another folder containing

DOCUMENTARY--links to a blank folder
DOKUMENTATIEON -this folder shows 3 documentarys in my movies folder that have the genre set to doucmentary in the NFO file
HDMOVIES-links to HD Movies in my movies folder.

I set the path for the documentarys custom menu item to point to my doku.xsp file I edited the doku.xsp file to look like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Documentary</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">smb://TROY-PC/Documentary</rule>
</smartplaylist>

So it would point directly to my docos folder as previously it had its rules set to filter by genre which is what I assumed is why I could see 3 files from my movies folder that have a genre tag in the nfo file.

But this didnt work. for some reason its as if its still filtering by genre and doku.xsp isnt wrking and pointing the link to my docos folder.

Any help appreciated.

Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
I'm having trouble adding custom categories in Tranparency on, running Frodo. I can change the existing categories and get them to work with my playlists but the home screen will randomly revert back to the defaults. Whenever I try to add new categories at the end, with new item id numbers, they never show up. Any ideas?
I'm running Frodo also and the instructions on the initial post didn't work for me either. I could map the 3 built-in custom menu options to my playlists, but I wanted another menu option so tried the instructions here, which unfortunately didn't work. After playing around for a while, I finally got it to work. Under the section <include name="VerticalMenu">, scroll down to <control type="list" id="5040"> and then under that to <content>. There I added my custom button (I deleted some parts for simplicity):

Code:
    <include name="VerticalMenu">
        <control type="list" id="5040">
            <content>
                <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Menu_Videos)">HomeVideosButton</include>
                <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Menu_Movies)">HomeMoviesButton</include>
                <include>Home3DMoviesButton</include>

Then scroll down to <include name="HomeCustom3Button">. After that, create your custom button:

Code:
<include name="Home3DMoviesButton">
        <item id="17">
            <label>3D Movies</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/3D Movies.xsp", return)</onclick>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg</icon>
        </item>
</include>

It's probably not the best way to do it...but it worked for me. Hope this helps.

N00B (me) asking:

As I read through this topic do I interpret correctly:
- it gives me a tutorial on how to make additional buttons in the home menu for watching unique categories of movies?

But I have to make 'special plalists (the .xsp file)?

Now can I direct to a folder location instead as well? Because I have all my different catagories of movies on different disks?
Can I have then scraped just like other movies and TV-shows?

I like to avoid the playlist thing (unless I can make a playlists based upon file-location)

Yes, you can create a playlist based on file location. When creating the playlist, you create a rule that will match items with a specific path.

I have the buttons but they won't show files. There must be something wrong with the playlist I guess. I'm using the Confluence skin on Eden.

I have a server with 5 locations for different video-stuff (movies--kidsmovies--series--kidsseries .......)

Before I had in the main menu the two buttons Movies and the TV-shows. They showed only the movies and the series because it was to much to add all the kids stuff as well.

Now with this tutorial, I thought lets give it a try. I added the locations and scrapers so the Movies and the TV-show buttons show everything now.

The new buttons are empty HuhHuh

I made the 5 .xsp files in the .../Roaming/XBMC/userdata/playlists/video
just like:

Code:
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Films</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="is">smb://XXX-SERVER/Films/</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
In the system sub-menu [File manager] I have A Root and B root why?
In both all added locations show and when I ddouble click them the files on the server show.
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">smb://XXX-SERVER/Films/</rule>

?
(2013-02-11, 23:06)toiva Wrote: <rule field="path" operator="startswith">smb://XXX-SERVER/Films/</rule>

?

You're king!!! 3 minutes fixing
Hi all Smile

I'm on frodo and i try to add a custom home menu button frollowing this guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...o_the_Menu

So i add this to my home.xml file but it doesn't work: i have a blank screen when i click on the new button created :

Code:
<item id="15">
                        <label>Dessins animés</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Dessins animés)</onclick>
                        <icon>-</icon>
                        <thumb>-</thumb>
                    </item>

Thanks
I have found much knowledge here in this post! Thanks for sharing useful discussion and acknowledging post. Now I am able to follow the given instructions.
Hello, I went through this post and managed to add an item to my home screen menu, but I need one more tweak.
I am slovak, so I have a lot of movies in my (or czech) language so I created a label SK/CZ Movies and (using a smart playlist) put only wanted movies there. The problem is that they still appear in the original Movies cathegory as well, if I go in files -> Change content and set it to None then they disappear from Movies but from SK/CZ Movies as well.

Home menu:
Weather --- Videos --- Movies --- SK/CZ Movies --- Programs --- Settings

My folders are:
Videos
- 000_SK/CZ Movies
- 000_Documntaries
- 000_TV Shows
- and then separate folder for each movie
Music
Pictures

Is there any easy way how to disable listing of SK/CZ Movies in Movies but allow them to appear in SK/CZ Movies?
Thanks for answers Wink
Great guide, thanks!

One thing that's bugging me, though - is it possible to have both Anime and Anime Movies in one smart playlist?
(2013-04-27, 19:03)esso82 Wrote: Is there any easy way how to disable listing of SK/CZ Movies in Movies but allow them to appear in SK/CZ Movies?
Thanks for answers Wink

Custom Video Nodes (wiki) is what you're looking for. I haven't played with video nodes myself yet, but according to the wiki it will allow you to exclude certain content from your main movie node:

Quote: Don't want your screaming kids stuff in your main movie node... exclude it. Want documentaries in a separate node, create it.
(2013-04-28, 12:05)leechguy Wrote: Custom Video Nodes is what you're looking for. I haven't played with video nodes myself yet, but according to the wiki it will allow you to exclude certain content from your main movie node:

Don't want your screaming kids stuff in your main movie node... exclude it. Want documentaries in a separate node, create it.
[/quote]

oh great, thanks for advice, that's probably what I was looking for but never came across that article. Will give it a try and report what I managed to do.

cheers leechguy Wink

EDIT:

OK, I learned that there are default nodes for listing items in library, so I edited the default node for titles. It is located in
Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\library\video\titles.xml

Logicaly it came to me, that if I set a rule to exclude the path from listing it will not be shown in list but it doesn't work that way for me. It still shows all items with content set to Video. This is my titles.xml now:

Code:
<node order="2" type="folder">
  <label>369</label>
  <path>videodb://1/2</path>
  <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="path" operator="isnot">nfs://192.168.0.100/DataVolume/Download/Movies/000_SK_CZ_/</rule>
</node>

It deosn't work in different skin, it doesn't work when seting a smart playlist into the rule.
Can anybody help please?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO customize the home menu with custom categories5