• 3(current)
[HOW-TO] Make Colour Themes
Okay I made the first pass through the color xml file and there is some unusual issues. I suspect it is the length of time it takes for a skin to evolve as to why there are issues with colorizing a theme. There are settings that are simply not used in the current Alaska, others that do not change what you would expect them to change and still others that affect items you wouldn't expect to be changing.

It looks like it might have been easier to make this a spreadsheet listing each color what file accesses it and what it affects. That would be much easier than trial and error finding out that some things just don't mesh right. It would also appear that some streamlining of the Alaska code might be in order to make sure when you use color PosterTitle that it in fact affects PosterTitle in every view that it is used in (as an example).

Please ignore the actual color scheme, as it is just a test for the various items. Here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12777421/Test_commented.xml
You can change the background image modifying the /extras/filter/*.png but how to create a themes if they are not in the media folder??
CyberXaz Wrote:You can change the background image modifying the /extras/filter/*.png but how to create a themes if they are not in the media folder??

That's why I've removed the background colour control and used a background.png which will reside in the media folder.
could someone re-make my favorite theme, stencil for revisited please?

old stencil
Freddo Wrote:could someone re-make my favorite theme, sketch for revisited please?

old sketch

Wow looks cool Tongue
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Hitcher, I just noted that when updates to the skin happen, it overwrites the folder containing themes. Is this the default activity for XBMC? If so, if we create a theme, are we able to provide it to you as an 'official Alaska Revisited theme' and have it included in your distro? I noticed that only the default theme is being provided at the moment.
DurhamDev Wrote:Hitcher, I just noted that when updates to the skin happen, it overwrites the folder containing themes. Is this the default activity for XBMC? If so, if we create a theme, are we able to provide it to you as an 'official Alaska Revisited theme' and have it included in your distro? I noticed that only the default theme is being provided at the moment.

Yes when a skin gets updated it'll remove the entire skin folder and replace it with the new one. But as you say, if I add your theme to the skin itself it'll always be there.
I'm having trouble getting the custom icons integrated into the theme.

As per the other thread, you mention that they get put into 'media/homeicons' or 'media/homelist', depending upon which view I'm using. I used Texturepacker, and made a directory structure to match the following:

media/homeicons/movies.png
media/homeicons/tvshows.png
media/homeicons/music.png

etc... but, nothing seems to show up. What am I missing and/or doing wrong?
Sorry, they still use the old naming convention (videosicon.png, etc) although I can change this as well if you want and quickly commit it.
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, they still use the old naming convention (videosicon.png, etc) although I can change this as well if you want and quickly commit it.

It works for me as is, if I understand correctly that by choosing a theme, it will utilize the theme icons for either homeicon or homelist configurations, and that users can still use the 'customicons' at their discretion to override the theme icons. If this works, I'm all for it.

Thanks!
DurhamDev Wrote:It works for me as is, if I understand correctly that by choosing a theme, it will utilize the theme icons for either homeicon or homelist configurations, and that users can still use the 'customicons' at their discretion to override the theme icons. If this works, I'm all for it.

Thanks!

Yep, that's exactly how I wanted it. Big Grin
Ok, I apologize for monopolizing your time, but I am still having trouble. I've followed the directions, and when it didn't work, I've went through every iteration I could think of, but nothing is working as I had hoped. I'm sure I'm missing a step, or have setup an incorrect configuration.

I have the following directory and file structure:

C:\DATA\TexturePacker\From\media\homeicons\moviesicon.png
C:\DATA\TexturePacker\From\media\homeicons\musicicon.png
C:\DATA\TexturePacker\From\media\homeicons\picturesicon.png

I run TexturePacker on the "From" directory, and the texture file "Textures.xbt" appears in my "C:\DATA\TexturePacker\To" directory. I rename it to "Test.xbt", drop it into the "Media" folder of my XBMC Addons for your skin, and select it from inside XBMC as the theme to use. All of the icons I see are the default (white) ones. I have confirmed that I do NOT have the 'use your own icons' tab set, I am using the OLD file naming conventions, and that I'm using the directory path you have mentioned (i.e. \media\homeicons)

I have tested the above with the new names (before you confirmed the old names), and using different directory structures, if that was a typo. I've used \extras\homeicons, \extras\customicons, \media\homeicons, \media\customicons, just \homeicons, and just \customicons, to no avail.

I know I'm missing something. If you could confirm what it is I should be doing - or not doing - I would really appreciate it!
It should be run on the media folder.
Hitcher Wrote:It should be run on the media folder.

Worked a charm, sir. Thank you kindly!
I'm not sure if this is working or not, or if I'm looking at the right thing...

Code:
<!-- Episode view colours -->

<color name="EpisodeLabelF">FFFFFFFF</color>
    <color name="EpisodePlot">FFFFFFFF</color>
    <color name="EpisodeNumber">FFFFFFFF</color>
    <color name="EpisodeTitle">FFFFFFFF</color>

I have the above set to white, and other tags set to a yellow colour. However, when I look in my TV Shows and drill down to the episode view, the title and broadcast date are yellow, and the plot information is a shaded version of the same yellow. Am I doing something wrong?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW-TO] Make Colour Themes1