problem filtering *sample* from library
i just set up xbmc and added all movies to the library. the problem is, some of the movie folders include sample files. no i got this movies twice in my library - each time i have to gues which is the movie and which is the sample :-(.

so how to filter those files?

so far i tried to create a advancedsettings.xml in my ...roaming/xbmc/userdata and inserted:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

this example comes from: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#Layout

but the sample didn't disapear (tried cleaning the database)

now i tried it with "<regexp>.*(?i)sample.*</regexp>" - also didn't work.
(should be all strings including sample case insensitive)

so why this is not working, how the get rid of the samples? before rebuilding the entire database i want to be sure that it is working afterwards.

thx in advance
try using the premade one at;
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614
thx!
for short, now i use:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
                <excludefromscan action="prepend">
                        <regexp>(?i)[[/\\]extras[\//]</regexp> <!-- Any movies in a folder called extras (recursive and case insensitive) will be ignored -->
                        <regexp>(?i)[sample</regexp> <!-- Any movies called sample. are ignored. This is VERY greedy but works for me. Post in forum if you need refinements -->
                        <regexp>(?i)[uTorrentPartFile</regexp>  <!-- For people silly enough to use this client :) -->
                </excludefromscan>
                <excludetvshowsfromscan action="prepend">
                        <regexp>(?i)[[/\\]extras[\//]</regexp> <!-- Any TV in a folder called extras (recursive and case insensitive) will be ignored) -->
                        <regexp>(?i)[sample</regexp> <!-- Any TV called sample. are ignored. This is VERY greedy but works for me. Post in forum if you need refinements -->
                        <regexp>(?i)[uTorrentPartFile</regexp>  <!-- For people silly enough to use this client :) -->
                </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        </video>
</advancedsettings>
one last question regarding this:

after restarting with excluding samples, the samples are still in the library. so how to rebuild the complete library (cleaning it seem not to be enough)

meanwhile i tested the settings: they didn't work
"<regexp>(?i)[sample</regexp>" don't seem to match "!sample som title.mkv"?! what reg exp implementation is used by xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem filtering *sample* from library0