• 8(current)
Release Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module
Hi Chris,

not sure if you still have the problem, though I reply here so others may find it as well. Smile

Edit the file /storage/.kodi/addons/script.web.viewer/lib/webviewer/webviewer.py on the kodi-raspi and go to the end of it. Find the line with:

start_url = ''

and replace it with a valid URL in the path:

start_url = 'http://google.com'

(or anything else you prefer) - make sure you keep the spaces in front - sorry, I did not find how to get a code snippet properly formatted here. Sad

Then restarting the WebViewer will work. Also the context menu shows up now when click-holding the menu item on the remote, so you can change the URL from there.

Note that you may have to do this edit-step again after the plugin gets refreshed - I just did a reboot and it was gone again. Sad

HTH,
cheers, andreas
This is fixed in v0.9.21 on the official repo.
Hmm, i wonder if its possible to use this to pair devices with Openload links, (legal links of course). This would be a handy tool in Kodi. Any idea if this would work??
https://openload.co/pair
hey, is there any way i can change the text color and background color? i want web viewer black edition, lol.
i saw the spot with color codes but i didnt see background or main text, just links and stuff.
This addon would be great to open authorization URLs. I have a rather complicated toolchain right now to enable dropbox support for my addon service.watchedlist.
With the webviewer, I could do the whole process from within Kodi.
I tried your addon, but the authentification web site does not seem to have forms in the web viewer. Am I missing something or is the page just "too complicated" to be displayed in a quite simple browser?
(2017-01-01, 23:04)jdig4240 Wrote: Hmm, i wonder if its possible to use this to pair devices with Openload links, (legal links of course). This would be a handy tool in Kodi. Any idea if this would work??
https://openload.co/pair
 I think this will be complicated, since most of the streaming-device-pairing links have bot detection with captchas from google that seem to require sophisticated browsers.
Are there any legal links which use it?

The only ones we ever see are of the other type.

Just so we can keep an eye out for them, to try and prevent legit stuff getting binned as openload normally leads to one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-31, 18:00)schapplm Wrote: This addon would be great to open authorization URLs. I have a rather complicated toolchain right now to enable dropbox support for my addon service.watchedlist.
With the webviewer, I could do the whole process from within Kodi.
I tried your addon, but the authentification web site does not seem to have forms in the web viewer. Am I missing something or is the page just "too complicated" to be displayed in a quite simple browser?
 While this is one of the reasons I created the add-on, in practice it turned out that it was prone to issues and not very user friendly.
I did try the page you linked above. It did seem to detect forms on the page, but didn't show them as editable. Likely the forms have non-standard controls, or they are added in with javascript (I didn't check) and in either case WebViewer can't handle those.
Is it possible to open files html /html/ in File manager? I tried  - not working here. Thank you.
hello @ruuk ,

can you please publish a new version in which surfing resembles a Firefox or Chromiuim,
for example with pictures and HTML-5.

Without Text-Script ?

Greetings
(2018-09-03, 20:20)asdf11 Wrote: hello @ruuk ,

can you please publish a new version in which surfing resembles a Firefox or Chromiuim,
for example with pictures and HTML-5.

Without Text-Script ?

Greetings
No, this is not meant to be a web browser (and what you describe would entail hundreds of hours of work).
hello,

you can at least update another version with which you can surf with pictures
(2018-09-30, 15:46)asdf11 Wrote: hello,

you can at least update another version with which you can surf with pictures
This does have images. Creating something with embedded images is ridiculously difficult to do with an add-on, otherwise I would have done that in the first place. Ultimately, I have no interest in adding any new features to this add-on.
Pity !  but if you have the time and desire you can publish something else that you can handle better than web viewer.
Sorry for my english !

regards
I see this every time I start the addon...this just started in the past few days.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module3