Turn htpc off while at screensaver
Question 
Hi.
I hope this hasn't been asked a zillion times before. Can't seem to find the answer in the forums.

I have a slight problem. When I press the poweroff-button on my remote I want my htpc to shut down. Normally it does this, but not when the screen saver is active. It just deactivates the screensaver and then I have to push again to turn the system off. Is this normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

This is on an Ubuntu 10.04LTS system running XBMC Dharma.

/Daniel
afaik when the screensaver is active, any key will at first return to the GUI.
maybe you can bind your remote power button globally and not for xbmc only?!
If you've got a Harmony or other progammable universal remote, having it send the power button twice will get around this.
magao Wrote:If you've got a Harmony or other progammable universal remote, having it send the power button twice will get around this.

That is a good idea, even though it feels like a workaround round a bug that shouldn't be there in the first place.

I've fiddled around with Harmony Remote Software now without finding how to do this. How do you do?

/Daniel
Daniel Malmgren Wrote:That is a good idea, even though it feels like a workaround round a bug that shouldn't be there in the first place.

I've fiddled around with Harmony Remote Software now without finding how to do this. How do you do?

/Daniel

Trying to remember the Harmony software (haven't needed to change my setup for a while ...).

In the device options, you can set the power on/off buttons. The way I have it set up is telling it I use a different button for on/off. Then I assign a single power event for on, and double for off.

I've actually thought about having it send a different button for shutting down so that I don't have to worry about it getting out of sync with the other devices. The power is necessary for resuming from sleep, but I could change the keymap file for the remote so that XBMC responded to a different event. However, in practice it doesn't seem to get out of sync (much) and it's easily fixable.
magao Wrote:Trying to remember the Harmony software (haven't needed to change my setup for a while ...).

In the device options, you can set the power on/off buttons. The way I have it set up is telling it I use a different button for on/off. Then I assign a single power event for on, and double for off.

I've actually thought about having it send a different button for shutting down so that I don't have to worry about it getting out of sync with the other devices. The power is necessary for resuming from sleep, but I could change the keymap file for the remote so that XBMC responded to a different event. However, in practice it doesn't seem to get out of sync (much) and it's easily fixable.

Found the setting, thanks!

I've been thinking the same way. It's never happened to me that my htpc has come out of sync with the Harmony, but it's bound to happen sometime. It's always better with different on and off buttons...

/Daniel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn htpc off while at screensaver0