Video zoom in/out + zoom navigation
anyway that you can impliment the same zoom in/zoom out with navigation control of the photos to videos. i tried using the zoom in/ custom / 16x9 / actual/ normal but would like have the ability to move to certain locations when i zoom in instead of just showing the middle of the video.

thanks!

xxx
i think this is critical to usability, especially since "29-01-2005 added: video settings are saved per-file to the video database."

browsing trough the osd to change the zoom level for every movies is cumbersome, especially for non-tech people. it would be so much easier if you could zoom in/out from the remote.
i have no comprehension of why you'd ever want more than what the default views offer.

please explain where this is useful.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

when you are watching a widescreen dvd/divx on a 4:3 tv you can zoom in a little (but still with black bars on top/bottom) so the movie isn't so small on the tv, you loose a little on the left and right but it's still much better to watch than in widescreen. the "zoom" preset is too much zooming and "strech" is out of the question because it fscks the ar.

before "29-01-2005 added: video settings are saved per-file to the video database." i set up "custom" so it was always about 1.25 zoom and that worked fine for most movies, but now i have to crawl trough the osd for every movie.

i'm fine with the feature that video settings are saved per-file but just add the ability to zoom in/out with the remote up/down buttons trough keymap.xml . it would be so much easier.
calibrate to compensate for widescreen movies or just obtain them in there proper 4:3 ratio for your 4:3 screen :thumbsup:
i disagree. the easiest + best solution is to have the default custom mode changable. ie you can setup the zoom + stretch defaults.

i'm not 100% sure, but you may be able to currently set the defaults using settings.xml.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(jmarshall @ feb. 10 2005,18:17 Wrote:i disagree. the easiest + best solution is to have the default custom mode changable. ie you can setup the zoom + stretch defaults.

i'm not 100% sure, but you may be able to currently set the defaults using settings.xml.
that would be fine, but i can't find that setting in xml conf files. i would appreciate it if you could look for it. or implement it.

options to remove some of the presets via conf files would be a nice addition to usability.
i think its located on /e/tdata/0face008/settings.xml look under the required resolution.

if thats what jmarshall was on about.

the pixelratio is set to 1.5 by default. alter that to your 1.25 and using custom mode view may solve your problem.
altering the pixel ratio is not the answer. but there is this section in settings.xml

<screen>
<viewmode>0</viewmode>
<zoomamount>1.000000</zoomamount>
<pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
</screen>

i tried changing zoomamount to 1.250000 but it is overwritten back to 1.000000 at startup. but i think that would change the zoomamount for the "normal" preset and not "custom".
confirmed that it is overwritten on startup. this was the intended behaviour until an option was added in the gui. the settings are for the custom view.

Can XBMC zoom in/out the video image the same way Zoom Player can?
Probably.

I'm bumping this 16 year old thread. Smile

Would it be possible to have same zoom+pan controls in video player, that are available in the picture viewer? Does the api have functions for this so a plugin could be made?

My car dashcam recordings are automatically stored to my NAS drive. They view fine with Kodi. Dashcam records very wide 165 degree view in 4K resolution, so it would be very useful to be able to zoom into details like license plates etc.

I think this might be a fun feature even with movies and such. Like zoom the coffee cup scene in GoT to see if it really was Starbucks or some other company. Smile
(2021-04-30, 09:02)Zuikkis Wrote: so it would be very useful to be able to zoom into details like license plates

I think you have watched too many CSI episodes Rofl

Perhaps zoom on a paused video could work, but on a running video that's a different challenge.
(2021-04-30, 09:58)Klojum Wrote: I think you have watched too many CSI episodes Rofl

Perhaps zoom on a paused video could work, but on a running video that's a different challenge.

Heh, I was thinking about CSI as well but didn't want to bring that up. Big Grin At least I'm not asking for "Enhance" -option for the zoomed picture. Smile

Zooming paused video would be a good start. Actually that might be exactly what's needed..

But my videos are in 4K resolution, and I'm viewing them with FullHD projector.. So there is lots of resolution available for zooming. Actually it would be quite enough if I could see "native" resolution without scaling, then pan around to select which part of screen is visible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video zoom in/out + zoom navigation0