xbmcgui questions
I have some noobish questions - I'm still learning Python (I come from a C background)

I'm writing a notification script that gets info from a website and displays it on screen.

I have it working perfectly at the moment, but it uses the in built notification function. I'd like to ditch that and make my own custom notifier, so that I can make it bigger and include more images.

Can anyone give me a simple windowxml (I assume I need this) example that just overlays an image with some text on the screen, to get me started? The documentation isn't very thorough, or at least it doesnt have a lot of examples, and has got me quite confused. I've thought about bastardizing from other addons, but they aren't simple enough for me.

The key to it is that it can't be a window overlay, it has to be transparent. Is that possible?

Also, is there a difference between a window and a dialog?
unfortunately i know of no such simple examples.
i think creating a windowxml will have to be done by learning the whole thing unfortunately. i was determined to make one but gave up it looked too confusing.

GMail Checker is the only add-on i can think of that uses it.
thanks for the reply.

I've actually since worked it out, I'll post my example on the forum tonight!
I would point you to following script.module.dialogaddonscan It is a custom python module from the guys over at Passion XBMC. Though it may not be what you want directly, you should be able to use it to figure out exactly what you want.

Check it out...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcgui questions0