Portrait vs. Landscape video rotation?
Does that imply that if I install a different OS on my Atom/ION, it would work?
Yes
Thanks. I just tried XBMCbuntu on the same machine, and I couldn't be more amazed. Now my wife approves (she came to hate MediaPortal)!
sorry to bring this up again, any updates?
no - we have no windows dxva devs to tackle it
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi, just wanted to check and see if there was any resolution for this now that Windows 10 is out.
Is there any solution now?
Sorry to dig out this thread from the grave but I would also still be very interested in this functionality. There are more and more "landscape" videos popping up which are actually meant to be displayed in a portrait mode and vice versa.
Is there a chance meanwhile to make the rotate (90°, 180°) functionality available under video settings while watching such a video?

I would gladly support with testing or/and with a bounty in case someone out of the devs could spare some time and take this on.

Thanks a lot in advance for the feedback!
Frankly, I already once put my friend's TV on its side, simply because he is shooting videos in VVS style all the time... Smile
A Raspberry Pi video output can be rotated quite easily via settings in the config.txt file, but other GPUs cannot be fooled that easily.

PS: I'm not a developer, hélas.
It's been almost a month and it would be sad if this thread gets buried again ;( I really hope that someone of the devs might look into this. Thank you!
(2018-08-14, 11:05)sectune Wrote: It's been almost a month and it would be sad if this thread gets buried again ;( I really hope that someone of the devs might look into this. Thank you!
 Just for reference, the feature is available in Retroplayer: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14019
Just saw another pull for reference: 14298 (PR) 
Dear @FernetMenta is this related?
P.S: you are awesome! Wink
Yes. Kodi has supported rotation for quite a while. I tested and fixed it in the linked pr. We get the rotation from metadata exposed by ffmpeg: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....cpp#L1495
Thanks for the reply! That means that it would technically be possible to map rotation to a button or to a "rotate" label inside the video settings? That's all this request would be about Smile
no. for proper files it will be done automatic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Portrait vs. Landscape video rotation?1