Portrait vs. Landscape video rotation?
Dear spiff, I understood that current implementation takes if from ffmpeg metadata and rotates accordingly. Unfortunately, not all video files are created equal and there are a lot files in my library I would wish to rotate Sad
sure i also got that, just wanted to inform this is not manual rotation support. i'll look into what it would take to add manual support when i find time.
(2018-08-16, 10:32)spiff Wrote: sure i also got that, just wanted to inform this is not manual rotation support. i'll look into what it would take to add manual support when i find time.
 If we add it to video settings, it should default to "use metadata".
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14311
Thank you both so much! Just now set myself a reminder to donate more often to the foundation Smile
Dear @spiff , I just tried the functionality in the 27/08 nightly build on my nvidia shield tv, it works like a charm, one remark though: the "180°" rotation is identical to the "use metadata" setting. I can imagine that this is a small bug? 180° should normally turn the output "upside-down", right? Right now, it displays it in the same orientation as "use metadata". Please let me know if you would need debug logs for this, if you should not be able to reproduce. Thank you once more!
(2018-08-26, 20:52)fritsch Wrote: Does it work correctly if you disable Mediacodec and Mediacodec surface?
Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I can confirm, with mediacodec and mediacodec surface disabled 180° works as it is supposed to. Strangely with enabled mediacodec + surface every other orientation works fine, just not the 180° orientation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Portrait vs. Landscape video rotation?1