• 126(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
EMM with Olympia's scraper is still working great for me Wink
I use rouges for data, and Olympia's as for images
Ember is working without problems in my case but there is something I want to know. I can manually edit the meta data do define a language for the audio files. With some of my mkv-files, there is the language already defined but with older movies, it isn't.

Since it is possible for me to edit the meta information, is there a way to rescrape the movies to automatically add the specific language flag?

I could find any suitable options in the scrapers settings.

cheers
Mrhenky
olympia Wrote:Still not willing to try the one I created? Smile

Olympia or anyone else,

Can you please point me to your scraper? I can't seem to find a download link anywhere. Google is NOT my friend... Huh

Thanks
Thanks for the work on ember all who develop this, its a fantastic tool.

Thanks for the scraper Olympia, with your scraper Im now back up and running after a couple of baffling days.

A couple of questions, first to you Olympia. When using your scraper for images, does it ignore the 'Size' and "only" settings for posters and fanart? It seems to be as when im doing auto scraping it can randomly pick quite small ones as well as some quite large ones. Before using your scraper for images it would either pick a large one or none as the settings specified.

And something I learned in my tinkering. I was getting a lot of lock ups when doing automatic scraping, it would scrape a couple of movies, then just lock up. The logs suggested that it had lost contact with the shared drive, which was incorrect. I changed the movie folder in ember prefs from a mapped windows drive to a server path ie \\server\folder. This has completely fixed my lock up issues.

Now if I can just get back to auto scraping large images only, all will be well with the world.

Update: I found the issue causing the crash wasnt the file path, it was the renaming of the files. I think that Ember was scraping the movie, then changing the name and then crashed as the original file name it was working on was gone. Used The Renamer app to rename first, and then did a full auto scrape and it looks like everything is golden.
http://code.google.com/p/xbmchuscraper/downloads/list

Olympia scraper.
Hi,

I have recently started to use EMM and it's great. I was sad to see there is no developer owner. I'm assuming it's written in VB? If so, how can I get a look at the code base to see if I can take over the maintenance of the code?

In the least I can get some of the smaller bugs fixed quickly and then we can talk about the future enhancements.
Hi there.
I was hoping someone can help me with a small issue, and I'm sorry if this has been posted before.
EMM is working perfectly for me, the issue I have however is I use a WD Live hub. That (as far as I've tested) only likes .xml files and not .nfo.

Currently, I just rename the .nfo to .xml and it picks up the details well.
I was just hoping is there a way to change this option, since renaming the file for each movie/tv show I add will get tiresome.
Hi X82X,

For something unrelated to xbmc and emm I used the info on the following link to create a batch file to search dirs and sub dirs to find and replace extensions.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-20320...name-files

Possibly not what you are exactly lookng for but may still make life a little easier.

Cheers
Confusion is just a state of mind.
RogueDazza Wrote:For those who still want to use it, I have made some adjustments to my scraper to get it working with images properly again. I am not planning to actively maintain it, but Orbi did ask nicely Wink

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?giaq0dd951kdbpz
To install, drop it into the Modules folder and enable it in Ember.
I suggest you rename the old one before doing that though, in case I've stuffed something up and you need to go back!

With the dynamic nature of the sites we need to scrape for this info, I do believe Olympia's scraper is the better way to go in the long-term.

Is anyone else having trouble with Rogue's latest and updating posters? For me, it seems to work fine for any new movie, but if I try to edit a movie, it ignores the poster I pick and chooses a random one.
gizmotoy Wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with Rogue's latest and updating posters? For me, it seems to work fine for any new movie, but if I try to edit a movie, it ignores the poster I pick and chooses a random one.

Actually, it will pick the last one in the list. This is due to a change in the way tmdb.org makes the posters available.
I have modified the scraper to cater for this now - it seems to work correctly for me.
Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7pd1xrm5eqw9wi9
RogueDazza Wrote:Actually, it will pick the last one in the list. This is due to a change in the way tmdb.org makes the posters available.
I have modified the scraper to cater for this now - it seems to work correctly for me.

Ah, you're right. Thanks for the update! This update fixed it for me. It's working perfectly, now. Thanks again!
RogueDazza Wrote:Actually, it will pick the last one in the list. This is due to a change in the way tmdb.org makes the posters available.

Thanks a lot for the update. Wink
Due to some unfortunate decisions I made with my XBMC database, I've got to nearly start from scratch on a lot of data.

Could someone help clarify for me the best route to get EMM up and running from scratch? This thread has nearly 200 pages, there's another post refering to a different fork of EMM, mentions of Rogue's scraper, Olympia's, etc, etc. It's a bit overwhelming to say the least.

So if a brand new user came into the forums and wanted to use Ember, what should they do to get going?
Glave Wrote:So if a brand new user came into the forums and wanted to use Ember, what should they do to get going?

I recently had to get up and going on a new machine with a fresh install, and I just grabbed the EMM-r from this thread, along with the Olympia Scraper, enabled Olympia in the settings (and disabled the default scraper) and was good to go. I also tried using Rogue's updated one, but that gave me a lot of issues with not setting the right image that I picked etc.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13