• 3(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
Extrathumbs and extrafanart are different. One is for the Information window, and the other is for rotating fanart.

I suppose they could be the same thing, but much of the art that is scraped is less than 1920x1080, so there'd have to be some type of skin support to allow filtering lower resolution files. Or, and this would be a nice addition to EMM, the program could automatically save any files at 1920x1080 (or whatever resolution you want) to the extrafanart folder, and all of them at lower resolution to the extrathumbs folder.
bblauritzen Wrote:What makes you say that it's not correct?

It is my understanding that the skins that support ekstra fanart are looking for a "extrathumbs" folder.

Yeah it's not standard hence the non native support but I guess sometime it'll be
Good job! Just installed and scanned, for the first time with Ember, my media library. Worked fine ...

tuscani Wrote:Project updates?
As of 1/2011, there will be no major updates unless they are critical to keep EMM from running.

... but! I have an issue - related to IMDB's functionality really. A couple of kids movies (Dora and Diego it would appear) don't have entries in IMDB, but they are listed in TMDB. Would it be possible to add a scraper for TMDB?
What do you need for documentation? I think thats the only bit i might be able to help out with :p
Tuscani, I am not seeing the Frame Extractor tab with the x64 install you posted. I do have the module enabled in settings, any suggestions?
Can I ask what is probably a simple question, but google wasn't able to help.

I have been using EMM for a year or so, but recently had my HDD crash and have been reloading apps.
I have used your x86 version for my Win7 install; it installs fine, but in EMM itself I no longer have all the details/posters/fanart/etc.
It sees all the movies and TV on my drive, but for some reason the movies are unpopulated as to the details in EMM.
The TV shows are all fine.

I have tried reloading the movies, etc. but nothing will 'scrape' the details that I have already downloaded. Previously I was able to do this when reinstalling my last version of EMM.
Am I missing something, perhaps you can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks for your efforts!
Is there any way to get movies in the .rar format to use extrathumbs?
Hi, I'm a new user to EMM and am wondering if it can download apple trailers. Most of the trailers it finds on youtube are bad quality. Also, if I select multiple movies and say Rescrape - Automatic - All Items, it doesn't download any trailers. It only seems to work if I scrape each movie individually.

I have the settings for "Enable Trailer Support" and "Get During Automated Scrapers" and "Get During Single Scrape" checked, and preferred quality: 720p. And the Ember Native Movie Scrapers are enabled, Trailer support enabled with all 3 sites checked.

Ember XML Movie Scrapers is disabled.
gr8r-x Wrote:... but! I have an issue - related to IMDB's functionality really. A couple of kids movies (Dora and Diego it would appear) don't have entries in IMDB, but they are listed in TMDB. Would it be possible to add a scraper for TMDB?
i believe there is a way to take the tmdb scraper from xbmc and use it in ember with the XML scraper. do a search on the old emm thread.

Marcos Wrote:What do you need for documentation? I think thats the only bit i might be able to help out with
only all of it Smile unfortunately most of it went down with embermm.com.

Mach13 Wrote:Tuscani, I am not seeing the Frame Extractor tab with the x64 install you posted. I do have the module enabled in settings, any suggestions?
i d/led it on my server and it is working as it should.
look in the modules folder for generic.EmberCore.Extractor.dll. If this is in there rename advancedsettings.xml and settings.xml open program and see if the module can be found.

agentcooper Wrote:I have tried reloading the movies, etc. but nothing will 'scrape' the details that I have already downloaded. Previously I was able to do this when reinstalling my last version of EMM.

Thanks for your efforts!
Sounds like a settings issue, is this a fresh install? if not, rename the advancedsettings.xml, settings.xml and ember.emm.

Blue screen Wrote:Is there any way to get movies in the .rar format to use extrathumbs?
Are you asking to save all of the extrathumbs into a .rar? if so, i'm not sure if XBMC will even look for rar file

awesomski Wrote:Hi, I'm a new user to EMM and am wondering if it can download apple trailers. Most of the trailers it finds on youtube are bad quality. Also, if I select multiple movies and say Rescrape - Automatic - All Items, it doesn't download any trailers. It only seems to work if I scrape each movie individually.

I have the settings for "Enable Trailer Support" and "Get During Automated Scrapers" and "Get During Single Scrape" checked, and preferred quality: 720p. And the Ember Native Movie Scrapers are enabled, Trailer support enabled with all 3 sites checked..
I don't think i have ever had the trailer scrapper to work right in 1year+ i've been using emm. for HD trailers i use hd-trailers.net and as of now it's a manual process. maybe down the road this can be incorporated into emm.
Great to hear you guys are picking up the Ember and continuing to improve it.
Here's a few feature request/suggestions that I think would go a long way:
1) Ability to auto-scrape TV Shows
2) Ability to auto-scrape TV Shows/Movies from the command line (currently possible for movies) --> helps for automation purposes
2a) Perhaps have the ability to auto-scrape newly detected files, thus merging the "Update Library" and "Scrape Media" functions into a 1-click stop.
3) Option to adjust the number of images it pre-fetches when scraping a file. Although minor, it can slow down the process and usually the first 10 or so results are all anyone needs (IMO)

Just throwing out these ideas. I know picking up someone else's code and running with it is a pain, so best of luck with it!
tuscani Wrote:i believe there is a way to take the tmdb scraper from xbmc and use it in ember with the XML scraper. do a search on the old emm thread.

Had a search through it and came up with the following;

- Have to enable the use of "Ember XML Movie Scraper" : done!
- Have to provide the "tmdb.xml" file from XBMC : obtained!

But, where do I put this tmdb.xml file? I tried putting it in the folder created under Modules after enabling the XML scraper, but it only detects "NFO scraper" in the list..

Edit: I put the entire folder "metadata.themoviedb.org" into "Modules\scraper.EmberCore.XML", as well as the "tmdb.xml" file - neither worked. And after checking through the source, I'm unable to decipher where it should be located...

Any ideas?
Thanks for making this available.

This mostly works for me, though when scraping TV shows I'm getting this error over and over:

Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanForTVFiles(TVShowContainer& tShow, String sPath)
Date/Time: 1/20/2011 3:54:55 AM
===========================================================================================

Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanForTVFiles(TVShowContainer& tShow, String sPath)
Date/Time: 1/20/2011 3:54:55 AM
===========================================================================================

If i actually click on the error bubble that pops up, ember locks up and crashes, but if i ignore it, it seems to let me scrape and interact with the library.....

Any help would be appreciated.
tuscani Wrote:Are you asking to save all of the extrathumbs into a .rar? if so, i'm not sure if XBMC will even look for rar file

No i mean if the movie is a scene release.
I get extrathumbs for all my movies atm, but all movies with the following format:

/movies/watchmen/
watchmen.r00
watchmen.r01
watchmen.r02
watchmen.r95
watchmen.rar

Gets scraped correctly and have the extrathumbs folder, but xbmc don't pick it up.

I'm guessing it's because xbmc is inside the rarfile when opening the movie...

movies/watchmen/watchmen.rar/watchmen.mkv and the extrathumbsfolder is in the previous directory.
agentcooper Wrote:Can I ask what is probably a simple question, but google wasn't able to help.

I have been using EMM for a year or so, but recently had my HDD crash and have been reloading apps.
I have used your x86 version for my Win7 install; it installs fine, but in EMM itself I no longer have all the details/posters/fanart/etc.
It sees all the movies and TV on my drive, but for some reason the movies are unpopulated as to the details in EMM.
The TV shows are all fine.

I have tried reloading the movies, etc. but nothing will 'scrape' the details that I have already downloaded. Previously I was able to do this when reinstalling my last version of EMM.

Thanks for your efforts!

Are you trying to get EMM to read the info from your existing .nfo files? Or are you trying to get EMM to scrape new info for your .nfo files?

In any case, you need to check "Scrape Full Cast" under the movies scraper settings to get the (unaltered) IMDB scraper to work.
gr8r-x Wrote:Had a search through it and came up with the following;

- Have to enable the use of "Ember XML Movie Scraper" : done!
- Have to provide the "tmdb.xml" file from XBMC : obtained!

But, where do I put this tmdb.xml file? I tried putting it in the folder created under Modules after enabling the XML scraper, but it only detects "NFO scraper" in the list..

Edit: I put the entire folder "metadata.themoviedb.org" into "Modules\scraper.EmberCore.XML", as well as the "tmdb.xml" file - neither worked. And after checking through the source, I'm unable to decipher where it should be located...

Any ideas?

You did everything right, but this won't work. Back when EMM v2385 was released, the "old format" for XBMC addons/scrapers xml was still in effect pre-Dharma. The EMM module to import the XBMC xml scrapers used (and still uses) this format. The EMM module hasn't been updated to import the new format (post Dharma) for the xml scrapers. If you can find an "old format" XBMC xml scraper for TMDB, then you can use it in EMM-r, but I haven't been able to find any.

A proper fix would be to look at the EMM-r module to import XBMC xml scrapers and update it to Dharma format, but I doubt that'll happen. Sorry.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13