Does anyone have Boxee launching from XBMC?
Does anyone have boxee launching from xbmc? if so how?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I have xbmc and boxee launching from mythtv main menu. It's very useful. You could try and set it up so that you can quit xbmc and start boxee with a remote press and the same reversed.
zepfan Wrote:I have xbmc and boxee launching from mythtv main menu. It's very useful. You could try and set it up so that you can quit xbmc and start boxee with a remote press and the same reversed.

yes I read some threads about trying it that way. Is there anyway to use a launcher maybe from within xbmc? then you could put boxee as a favorite and make a homescreen label on it and then launch it from the homescreen. Just wondering if this can be done. I tried with advanced launcher and couldnt get it to work but I am clueless alot of times on this types of stuff.
zepfan Wrote:I have xbmc and boxee launching from mythtv main menu. It's very useful. You could try and set it up so that you can quit xbmc and start boxee with a remote press and the same reversed.

I use them both from MythTV also.. it makes for a nice setup..
wilson.joe Wrote:I use them both from MythTV also.. it makes for a nice setup..

Do you have a screenshot? is there a howto setup anywhere?
Just wanted to update this thread with a solution

install the Advanced Launcher from the addon repo.

make a script and put in home folder wtih the below (make executable). change "username"with your username

Code:
#!/bin/sh

killall -9 xbmc.bin
cd /opt/boxee/
sudo -u username /opt/boxee/run-boxee-desktop

xbmc

a post with useful information HERE

go and configure your addon and set the application launcher to the script you just made above. and it should launch.

you can also add this to a favorite on xbmc and then put it on your homescreen (if your skin allows it). I am using the customizable confluence and it works great.
video of this working XBMC Launching boxee

Hey zepfan is there a quick-and-easy HOWTO or forum link for launching xbmc from within the mythtv front end's main menu?
Mythbuntu Maverick 64-bit Mythtv & XBMC E6300, GT430, Antec Minuet 350, 2GB DDR-800 Ram, Gigabyte G-31M-E2SL, Yamaha RXv-1800 over HDMI @ 1080p to Sony Bravia 55" LCD 100HZ, Focal-JM Labs 826/806 speakers & Velodyne CHT-12R sub... "mmm, nice."
Maybe a stupid question, but why do you want to have Xbmc AND Boxee ?
Tobas Wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but why do you want to have Xbmc AND Boxee ?

well to tell you the truth... I dont.. my wife does.. she likes boxee for the web content and its easy menu for apps etc.. she just says that its easier to handle than xbmc. So I have both and I usually use xbmc and she uses boxee however I hate that I always have to go back and use the mouse to get xbmc on the pc after she uses it. So i wanted a way to launch boxee from xbmc which works now like I stated above and shown in the video.

Also boxee has alot of kids web content which xbmc lacks. I am trying to get an addon for kids however doesnt look like any of the python coders are interested in it (yet).

so all in all its the WAF that drove me to do this... but if she is happy Im happy.
earlneath Wrote:Hey zepfan is there a quick-and-easy HOWTO or forum link for launching xbmc from within the mythtv front end's main menu?

add
<button>
<type>MENU_MEDIA_LIBRARY</type>
<text>XBMC</text>
<action>EXEC xbmc</action>
</button>

to mainmenu.xml in /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu/mainmenu.xml
Where you add it to the file determines its placement.
rflores2323,

Do you mind me asking where you got your Hulu Home Page Backdrop? I like that.

THanks!
rflores2323,

Add too that I just watched your youtube video. Very NICE!. What are you using to control how XBMC closes when you launch Boxee and when you exit boxee what brings XBMC back up?

I have a similar setup in Win7 and am using Event Ghost to do the switching, etc.

How does boxee compare to Hulu?

Thanks!
dysan911 Wrote:rflores2323,

Add too that I just watched your youtube video. Very NICE!. What are you using to control how XBMC closes when you launch Boxee and when you exit boxee what brings XBMC back up?

I have a similar setup in Win7 and am using Event Ghost to do the switching, etc.

How does boxee compare to Hulu?

Thanks!
I use a script that quits xbmc, then opens boxee, then opens xbmc when boxee is closed.
Im a big fan of Ubuntu but was worried I'd run into some problems if I went with that for my XBMC. I'm just more familiar with windows and the layout of where files are etc. Is there any advantage with going with Ubuntu vs Win7? Less overhead or better playback perhaps?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone have Boxee launching from XBMC?0