NAS Library / Movie info issue
Hello people!

I'm hoping some of you can help me with this issue I've been having, i'd like first to give some introduction to my setup before discussing the real issue, so here goes:

Introduction:

I built myself a HTPC a few weeks ago to fill in for my WDTV (Which I was growing tired with) and I installed XBMC. Immediately I saw this was an awesome program, just what I had been looking for. At this time all of my movies were placed on USB HDDs, I had all my media arranged in a library using the IMDB scraper, but i found the USB HDDs to be inconvenient so i decided to get a NAS (Qnap turboNAS), I installed 4/5 discs into my NAS, and it's working as a charm, a few days ago though I reset my library, so I decided to scan my content again but this is when my problem arrived.

HTPC Specs
MB: AT5IONT-I
Mem: 2x KINGSTON 2GB DDR3 1066MHz CL7
System HDD: Kingston 64 GB

Storage Specs:
1x USB HDD WD 1.5TB
1x QNAP TS-410 Turbo NAS (totalling 4,5TB)

My Problem:

After scanning all my content (Downloading movie information and poster art with the IMDB scraper) i am not able to see movie poster art or movie information in library mode, it only shows a screenshot from the movie instead of a poster. If i am in file mode though I am able to see it all, poster art and movie information. But i want this to work in the library mode since it's 10 times more convenient.

I should add, that all the movies placed on the USB HDD that is not placed in my NAS work fine in library mode.

If I haven't provided enough data for you to work with, please tell, I just didn't know if you needed logs or something like that
I have a similar problem, I also use my NAS (ds1511+) as source for my XBMC installation.
I used Ember Media Manager to scrape nfo, poster and fanart.
For some movies, the poster is not shown correctly in Library mode, while it is looking good in file mode. In my case this only appears to happen for movies that are in .iso format:

e.g:

\\myNas\video\Movies\True Grit (2010)\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg => Works Fine
\\myNas\video\Movies\True Grit (2010)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.ifo

\\myNas\video\Movies\The King's Speech (2010)\folder.jpg => Doesn't show poster in
\\myNas\video\Movies\The King's Speech (2010)\The King's Speech.iso => library mode
file mode and library are two completely different things.

If your naming conventions or .nfo are wrong then library mode will not see the associated files with any given movie.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Sorry i haven't mentioned this before, but after changning my paths from:
(as an example)
\\myNas\movie.mkv

into

smb:\\myNas\movie.mkv

it has started working flawlessly

just kinda lame such a small thing messed my xmbc up Big Grin anyway now it's working, i hope this will fix your problems too strat.
Weird, The smb: really did help solve the problem.
However I can't get rid of doubles in library mode. I've cleaned numerous times.
Any suggestions?
What's up with the library being read differently when using smb: ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS Library / Movie info issue0