• 267(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-03-21, 07:21)gonzo90017 Wrote:
Quote:huh?
If you want new shows make a playlist have it add content from within the week or month...
then create a channel to force reset, you can also add play in order...

If you want latest downloads.. make a playlist have it add by date added...
create a channel to force reset and filter watched shows...

Like the previous poster said. If you reset the channel it goes back to S01 EP1. I would like a way for PseudoTV to add shows automatically without going back to the beginning. I assume the only way to do this is by adding the rule to not play watched items?

resetting a channel rebuilds the channel based on the rules you added, So yes it will start from the beginning if you have play in order as a rule...
You can add force random which will still play in order but it's start point should be different...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-03-21, 08:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 07:21)gonzo90017 Wrote:
Quote:huh?
If you want new shows make a playlist have it add content from within the week or month...
then create a channel to force reset, you can also add play in order...

If you want latest downloads.. make a playlist have it add by date added...
create a channel to force reset and filter watched shows...

Like the previous poster said. If you reset the channel it goes back to S01 EP1. I would like a way for PseudoTV to add shows automatically without going back to the beginning. I assume the only way to do this is by adding the rule to not play watched items?

resetting a channel rebuilds the channel based on the rules you added, So yes it will start from the beginning if you have play in order as a rule...
You can add force random which will still play in order but it's start point should be different...

Unless the rule "Do not play watched items" is also in the channel rules.

Mark
Ok so I'm finally back up and running. For some reason none of my changes would save to the channel config until after I let it index all of the defaults once first, but that seems ok now also. The problem I'm now having, is I setup a playlist including a bunch of tv shows. In the playlist I have it set to order by episode. It seems like PTV is scheduling them one after the other in episode order, playing an entire series straight through. I thought it was supposed to break things up? If I set the playlist itself to random, then it works. But my goal is to have each individual show progress in episode order while still retaining the randomness of what is on. To explain, if show A plays S1E1, S2E2 (it should stop here if the # of back to back episodes in PTV is set to 2 right?, it doesn't) and then shows B, C, D, E play, if show A plays again, it should be S1E3. Am I trying to accomplish the impossible or am I missing something?

Along with this, that channel shows only filenames and has no episode information, all of the others are fine.
trying to make a TV Show channel for walking dead black and white and only 1 episode shows any ideas? I made a playlist which shows all season but the channe shows 3x14 / only. no idea why / is after 3x14. I deleted the channel and readded it and then open m3u in txt editor and only 3x14 is listed so it is not even looking at the playlist.
i have strms working in library and 1channel strms work in ptv but any strm file i make only plays threw library wont play threw ptv any ideas what im doing wrong
(2013-03-22, 19:40)scilz Wrote: i have strms working in library and 1channel strms work in ptv but any strm file i make only plays threw library wont play threw ptv any ideas what im doing wrong

Yes, you are trying to make PseudoTV do something it was not designed to do.

Mark
(2013-03-23, 00:46)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 19:40)scilz Wrote: i have strms working in library and 1channel strms work in ptv but any strm file i make only plays threw library wont play threw ptv any ideas what im doing wrong

Mark

actually, PTV has strm support! its not playing because PTV only plays content when it knows the length of the video. Since a strm file is nothing more then a shortcut to web media... there is no metadata to read so PTV has no clue how long it runs... so its ignored... if you follow my post a few pages ago you can read how to manual create a nfo and scrape the strm file to xbmc's library from there you can add it to PTV.
(2013-03-21, 06:13)cyanide-addict Wrote: I was hoping for some insight to get PseudoTV performing well. I recently built what I thought was a pretty decent HTPC:

i3-3225
onboard HD 4000 graphics
8gb ram
SS boot drive
3 x 3tb in raid 5 for media
win 8, Frodo, Aeon MQ4, stable-pre
new build so barely any other programs installed

I only have movies. 720p and 1080p mkvs.

PseudoTV works but all movies are lagged like they're playing in slow mo. I get about 2 frames a second. The guide and changing channels are slow as well. Turning on the web server didn't make a difference. Feels like resources are maxed but task manager says CPU and memory usage are fine. Not sure how to check the onboard graphic usage.

Any suggestions? Anything wrong with my build? Would getting a dedicated video card help?

If you have onboard graphics it is using the CPU for the graphics computations and should show up as CPU usage. If you can play those videos fine outside of PTV or XBMC then the issue is with the program, if you cant then you either need new drivers or a dedicated card. An i3 isnt very powerful, depending on the operating system and what else you have running at the time its entirely possible that it would have difficulty with HD playback.

(2013-03-23, 01:15)Lunatixz Wrote:

Mark

actually, PTV has strm support! its not playing because PTV only plays content when it knows the length of the video. Since a strm file is nothing more then a shortcut to web media... there is no metadata to read so PTV has no clue how long it runs... so its ignored... if you follow my post a few pages ago you can read how to manual create a nfo and scrape the strm file to xbmc's library from there you can add it to PTV.

Actually, since Frodo strms from certain sources dont work despite being in the library. Bluecop's FreeCable is a good example of this, in Eden you could scrape the strms from it into your library and they would play in PTV. If you upgrade to Frodo they wont play anymore.
(2013-03-23, 01:25)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Actually, since Frodo strms from certain sources dont work despite being in the library. Bluecop's FreeCable is a good example of this, in Eden you could scrape the strms from it into your library and they would play in PTV. If you upgrade to Frodo they wont play anymore.
Actually, Lunatixz is right. Strms work fine in PTV as long as there is a length (runtime) associated with it in the video database. The file could be playing fine from your library, but if there is no runtime value in the video database for it, PTV will ignore it.
(2013-03-23, 01:25)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 06:13)cyanide-addict Wrote: I was hoping for some insight to get PseudoTV performing well. I recently built what I thought was a pretty decent HTPC:

i3-3225
onboard HD 4000 graphics
8gb ram
SS boot drive
3 x 3tb in raid 5 for media
win 8, Frodo, Aeon MQ4, stable-pre
new build so barely any other programs installed

I only have movies. 720p and 1080p mkvs.

PseudoTV works but all movies are lagged like they're playing in slow mo. I get about 2 frames a second. The guide and changing channels are slow as well. Turning on the web server didn't make a difference. Feels like resources are maxed but task manager says CPU and memory usage are fine. Not sure how to check the onboard graphic usage.

Any suggestions? Anything wrong with my build? Would getting a dedicated video card help?

If you have onboard graphics it is using the CPU for the graphics computations and should show up as CPU usage. If you can play those videos fine outside of PTV or XBMC then the issue is with the program, if you cant then you either need new drivers or a dedicated card. An i3 isnt very powerful, depending on the operating system and what else you have running at the time its entirely possible that it would have difficulty with HD playback.

(2013-03-23, 00:46)mwkurt Wrote: Yes, you are trying to make PseudoTV do something it was not designed to do.

Mark

Actually, since Frodo strms from certain sources dont work despite being in the library. Bluecop's FreeCable is a good example of this, in Eden you could scrape the strms from it into your library and they would play in PTV. If you upgrade to Frodo they wont play anymore.

I have no problems with PTV and strms under frodo... at first I thought it was broken, it turned out that unless you manually check to make sure runtimes are added to the nfos.. there is no guarantee that whatever program you are using is correctly creating the file... perhaps you should check your setup Smile
and just because you can't get something to work, doesn't mean its broken...
BTW Frodo has added more support to strms then eden...

Mark

i have nfo files and there scanned into library i geuse the problem im having is that i have no runtime i dont understand where i add a runtime in at thank you for the help Lunatixz ive read alot of your post they helped me get this far
maybe someone can tell me how to add a runtime sry if im missing somthing simple

Mark

Yeah, that's why this thread has had no one complain because they can't get their strm files working. I still say as has Jason in the past that PTV was designed for a "LOCAL" library. Any strm files you or anyone else gets working, is pure luck! I still don't understand why the folks who are attempting this don't use the thread with version of PTV that was modified to use strm files. This thread is long and those useless posts here just pollute it more and get in the way of those if us who are trying to use this as it was intended and get the bugs squashed.

Mark
I'm only able to get Hulu streams added if I add them as TV Shows, as in just one show per channel. Is there a way to mix multiple shows together?
(2013-03-23, 13:02)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 00:46)mwkurt Wrote: Yes, you are trying to make PseudoTV do something it was not designed to do.

Mark

Yeah, that's why this thread has had no one complain because they can't get their strm files working. I still say as has Jason in the past that PTV was designed for a "LOCAL" library. Any strm files you or anyone else gets working, is pure luck! I still don't understand why the folks who are attempting this don't use the thread with version of PTV that was modified to use strm files. This thread is long and those useless posts here just pollute it more and get in the way of those if us who are trying to use this as it was intended and get the bugs squashed.

Mark

would love to use the version with better strm support but cant seem to find a download link on that thread and ive seen many ppl ask the same question im asking only reason those post are useless are because no one ever answer's them

and btw mark your post are useless if u dont plan on helping or asking a question why even post just to discourage ppl from trying new things?
(2013-03-23, 16:11)scilz Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 13:02)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 01:15)Lunatixz Wrote: actually, PTV has strm support! its not playing because PTV only plays content when it knows the length of the video. Since a strm file is nothing more then a shortcut to web media... there is no metadata to read so PTV has no clue how long it runs... so its ignored... if you follow my post a few pages ago you can read how to manual create a nfo and scrape the strm file to xbmc's library from there you can add it to PTV.

Mark

would love to use the version with better strm support but cant seem to find a download link on that thread and ive seen many ppl ask the same question im asking only reason those post are useless are because no one ever answer's them

and btw mark your post are useless if u dont plan on helping or asking a question why even post just to discourage ppl from trying new things?

For your information, I have helped many people to get their PTV running and solve problems in this thread. I have tried to point people to the right version of PTV to get their strm files working while trying to keep the seemingly endless requests to get PTV to do something IT WAS NOT DESIGNED TO DO to move to the proper thread. The person who wrote this plugin, Jason, has said as much. All the strm talk in this thread does is move all of the useful information back in the thread. Sorry you don't like it.

By the way, the download link seems to be on the first page of that thread. I didn't have to look too hard to find it: https://github.com/robnewton/XBMC-PseudoTV

Mark
  • 267(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25