• 99(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Wasn't it the whole point XBMC to get rid of commercials/ads :p
Playing some trailers of some doet sound little bit better Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm not a fan of the ad idea, either, but I've heard of using trailers and also channel bumpers. The interleaving rule should handle all of that.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
@Jason: Just noticed the update and tried it out. Everything is working great again. Thanks for the quick fix. I'll start playing around with the rules in a bit.
I like the ads idea at least something other then bumpers and trailers just to keep them separate. Ads could be shorts or random clips maybe something is not an indent, bumper or trailer. Like "A PseudoTV Network powered by XMBC". Thank you again for the quick fix and this script. it is awesome. now a necessity in my setup.
Hi!

I was wondering if it's actually possible to record TV with this add-on ?. If not, can someone suggest an add-on for XMBC that can ?

Thanks!
Jason102 Wrote:I'm not a fan of the ad idea, either, but I've heard of using trailers and also channel bumpers. The interleaving rule should handle all of that.

Wasn't that the point of the fork between pseudo and tvtime?
Nothing to see here....
Hi Jason102, had a play with the new channel rules in the latest stable-pre. Personally I think you did a good job with the GUI and it seems intuitive enough to me.
I thought you would of incorporated some more of the smart playlist rules to trim the fat of the basic channel playlist. Not to worry, most of my channel's are custom playlists anyway and there is room to add more rules (is not, does not contain, ect.).
I also tried the directory channel, that works ok at the root level, any chance you can also make it scan recursively as well?
Also you might want to change..
'Only played watched items' to 'Only play watched items' Wink

Cheers.

ps. updated all my skins with channel rules, if they change no biggie, easy fix Wink
Steveb Wrote:ps. updated all my skins with channel rules, if they change no biggie, easy fix Wink

:mad: Quit it! You're making the rest of us (me) look bad!Big Grin
Out of curiosity, as I haven't taken a look at the new stable-pre, is it pretty much the same .xml style as channel config?
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote::mad: Quit it! You're making the rest of us (me) look bad!Big Grin
Out of curiosity, as I haven't taken a look at the new stable-pre, is it pretty much the same .xml style as channel config?

Sorry mate Laugh
Yep, its the same, the channel config is the harder to code of the two.
So if you can get your head around that the rules .xml will be a walk in the park Big Grin
Quote:Wasn't that the point of the fork between pseudo and tvtime?

Eh, yes and no. I didn't want to bog down the configuration interface with a bunch of options that most people wouldn't use. I think by moving all of that stuff into a separate "advanced" section that people don't really have to touch or even look at, it simplifies the entirety of the interface. I'm all for customization options, I just also want the basic usage to be accessible to the average user.

Quote:I thought you would of incorporated some more of the smart playlist rules to trim the fat of the basic channel playlist.

The reason that the interface for the rules is much different than most of XBMC is because of things that XBMC doesn't allow a script to do. Namely, there is no way for me to populate a multiselect control (or anything else that would work). There is no way to use a normal input box in a script. I couldn't really create input masks (for the time / date). So I had to use what I had and create all of them from scratch.

The main goal was to make sure I could easily add new rules without changing any XML. The current setup should allow for that. So by all means, once I have the current set of rules finished, suggest things you want to see. I have no problem adding a bunch of rules since, again, there is no need for an average user to even see that stuff if they don't want to.

As far as the directory channels, I meant to make them recursive but haven't tested them that much...I'll look into it.
Just installed this and I am in love with it! This is simply amazing!

Is there anyway to add a channel that plays from a folder that is not indexed into the library? I have a folder with a ton of hgtv shows that are not labeled with show episode etc. can i access that folder through a channel on this guide?

thanks
Not with the current version, but you'll be able to do that when the next version comes out.
awesome! I was just going to edit my post.. I was just reading your blog Smile
Cant wait for that feature! thanks again for the hard work on this
Smile 
Thanks Jason102 for your efforts and I really Appreciate it:
But Please try to think for a solution to the first problem I am sure there is one, you know the whole idea of smart tv or media centers (Like XBMC) is able to change settings and browse music and video libraries without turning tv off.

thanks so much for help.

and I know that I am a little pushy but here is some other features you might find interesting:
1. animated logos (using animated GIFs).

2. Use the tv show and movie Posters in the info screen (When Pressing the "i" key in keyboard. next to the name and description).

3. Coming up next ( when a tv show nears the end a little info screen appears automatically with the coming up episode or movie or video).

4. Auto tune (using the EPG - the user selects a coming up show and the channel is automatically changed when the show begins).

5. tri-mixed channel ( channel with tv shows-movies AND music videos).

6. Serial mode WITHOUT PAUSE ( add an option to the serial mode which makes the channel play the tv show episodes in order BUT not pause when changing the channel or closing Pseudo tv.

and finally and i don't know if that's possible or not actually:
7. for the mixed channels the user chooses a time for each type. for example from 10 pm to 12 am - movies and tv shows in the rest of the day.

I am sorry if I seem too demanding but I Really love the Program and I want to give you more ideas to improve the program to the maximum potential.

Also I noticed a BUG in the latest STABLE version You might wanna check it out:
when you enable Serial mode in a tv show channel and play the channel and then go to the settings again and disable the serial mode it doesn't save this change. I have to assign the channel to none and press ok and then reassign to the tv show again to disable the serial mode.

Thanks again.
1. I've added this to my list of future improvements, it's a good idea that shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.

2. Perhaps. I don't know how easy or difficult this would be. I have wanted to use that art for number 3, though...

3. This exists in stable-pre and will be in the next version.

4. There is a general improvement that I have in mind that this may fall under. If and when it happens, though, it won't be for a while still.

5. This should be possible by using the normal smart playlist editor, creating a playlist for each type, and then combining then using a mixed playlist.

6. Serial mode may encounter a slight modification in the next version and may be implemented as a set of rules, instead of how it works now. If that's the case then one rule may be to play the episodes in order.

7. This should be possible in the next version using scheduling in the next version.

Thanks for the bug report, I'll check it out.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25