• 188(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Myrlar: I did make some changes to smb access, but it shouldn't affect Windows boxes. Can you get a debug log?
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Hi Jason102, I have a small niggle with the epg window regarding the Season/Episode info. It displays the info twice, also if I deselect show season/episode in the visual settings the info remains. Not a big fan of showing season/ep info so it would be nice to remove it. Wink

EDIT Could the double Season/episode info have something to do with this ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1049580
Question

I use Metropolis ask my skin. When i change channels in PsuedoTV there is an info panel and seek bar that overlap on the top of the screen. What files contain the code that controls that behavior? I would ideally just like to have the bottom info bar shown when changing channels, because when both top and bottom info is show the screen looks to congested.

Thanks for the help.
(2012-04-15, 04:43)boccman Wrote: Question

I use Metropolis ask my skin. When i change channels in PsuedoTV there is an info panel and seek bar that overlap on the top of the screen. What files contain the code that controls that behavior? I would ideally just like to have the bottom info bar shown when changing channels, because when both top and bottom info is show the screen looks to congested.

Thanks for the help.

There are two ways to approach the overlap problem.

1. Disable "show info when changing channels" in PseudoTV visual settings.
2. Add + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml) to the <visible> tag in the DialogSeekBar.xml located in Metropolis 720p folder.

Or you could do both if you want no info at all when changing channels.Wink

Hope that helps.

(2012-04-15, 05:31)Steveb Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 04:43)boccman Wrote: Question

Thanks for the help.

There are two ways to approach the overlap problem.

1. Disable "show info when changing channels" in PseudoTV visual settings.
2. Add + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml) to the <visible> tag in the DialogSeekBar.xml located in Metropolis 720p folder.

Or you could do both if you want no info at all when changing channels.Wink

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick help.

That worked great. Its better than having all of the info displayed when changing channels, but i would like to ask if there is a way to display just the bottom info bar when changing channels. (the bar that shows the logo, episode, flags..)?

Thanks again.
Which method did you use?

If you used method 2 and are using PseudoTV info instead of Metropolis info you can use this script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml that I modified for you. Just replace the file in the Metropolis 720p folder.
script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml
Originally i applied step 1 and then tested, that removed the two top infos from overlaping. Then i applied step 2, which completely removed both the bottom and top bars from being displayed when changing channels.

What do you mean by 'using PseudoTV info instead of Metropolis info'?

I just undid the edit i did with method 2 and then replaced both 'script.psuedotv.TVOverlay.xml' files in both of the directories (inside Metropolis itself and inside PseudoTV)

After doing that i still am seeing the bar ontop with the 'time and time into show' when changing channels...and when i press the info button it only displays the bottom info bar.

I would like to only show the bottom bar (without the top 'time and time into show' bar) when changing channels, and when i press info i would like to see the bottom bar and the regular top info bar (the one that shows the episode description and stuff).

Is this setup possible?

And once again...thanks for helping me with this.
Re apply step 2, then set PseudoTV to "show info when changing channels" in the visual settings. That will bring up the bottom info only with the modded 'script.psuedotv.TVOverlay.xml'.
Sorry but its a bit of all on nothing with the top info.

Scratch that think I'v gor itLaugh

Be back later, got to watch the footy Smile
Ok. I did all that and it is working with just the bottom info appearing when i change channels and press the info button...i can live with this setup..

Thanks for all your help.

Just to follow the logic....the method 2 that i have applied is telling XBMC to also make visible the 'script.psuedotv.tvoverlay.xml' when displaying the overlay...and then the modified 'script.psuedotv.tvoverlay.xml' is modded to ignore the top code section?

Now that i know where the files are located that i need to play around with to change the way stuff displays...i will mess with this over the next few days...hopefully i can come up with a way to have it the way i want it to be...ill let you know if i get anywhere...

Thanks again
Hi boccman. I've got your request sorted if your interested..

Step 1 would be to revert back to the stock script.psuedotv.tvoverlay.xml file script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.zip
Step 2 would be to overwrite the DialogSeekBar.xml in Metropolis 720p folder with this one DialogSeekBar.zip
Step 3 is to disable "show info when changing channels" in PseudoTV visual settings.

Enjoy. Wink
Steveb,

That worked perfect. I see that you had to rewrite the code for DialogSeekBar.xml.

I thank you again for all your help.
(2012-04-14, 17:35)Jason102 Wrote: Myrlar: I did make some changes to smb access, but it shouldn't affect Windows boxes. Can you get a debug log?

False alarm Jason. Seems to be working now. Was just a little slow I think.
Ok, finally got around to getting a debug log. Sorry took me a while, had a few issues and had to rebuild my library again. Just to make sure I did a clean install of xbmc on both sides as well and started with a default pseudotv setup.

Anyway, here is what I'm currently seeing. I've tried a few more things, but still no luck. Looks like the windows server locks the channels and doesn't let go of them. Log below from linux server

23:53:42 T:2892565360 ERROR: MoveFile - cant move file </home/vaughanb/PTVChannels/cache/FileLock.dat>. trying lower case </home/vaughanb/ptvchannels/cache/filelock.dat>
23:53:42 T:2892565360 WARNING: CopyFile, cant open file </home/vaughanb/PTVChannels/cache/FileLock.dat>. trying to use lowercase </home/vaughanb/ptvchannels/cache/filelock.dat>
23:53:42 T:2892565360 ERROR: CopyFile - cant open source file </home/vaughanb/PTVChannels/cache/FileLock.dat>
23:53:42 T:2892565360 ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file /home/vaughanb/PTVChannels/cache/FileLock.dat
23:53:50 T:3062340464 ERROR: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: Error loading playlist
23:53:50 T:3062340464 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
23:53:50 T:3062340464 FATAL: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Exceeded 3 invalidated channels. Exiting.

Any ideas? I've tried both with a smb:// mapping and directly mapping a drive to the folder and I get the same thing.

Ok, here's something weird. While typing this I was trying something else and stumbled upon this.

I start on linux then change channel on windows to same as linux. Channels are out of sync by a few secs, probably because of time being out on one box. I then paused the channel on the linux box till windows box catches up and started it again at the same time as windows one. Then I changeed channel on linux box to another channel and changed back and it works. I'm able to go back to the previous channel again, although it's again out of sync by a second or so. (trying out some normalization mod which is causing the delay) If I leave the linux channel on another channel, switch the windows channel to another channel and back and then try to change the linux channel back to the original channel, the channel is no more.
I think I found some relevant information regarding the Season/Episode info being included in the episode label

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1049580

Also with some more testing I found that you have to force a channel reset to disable the show season/episode setting.
I guys,

I just found out about PseudoTV and so far it looks really great. But I have one question. Is it possible to setting up a series/movie to a specific time - like "show The Big Bang Theory at 8pm and Two and Half Man at 9pm every day"?
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25