Gamespot plus script
soon, i hope Wink
you :kickass: dude

:lol:
how is it comming along? Smile

what can we expect in latest version?
hello all.

i need someone to make a skin for the new version of gamespot plus.
please reply or send me an email if you want to help.

thanx.
the script is great! cant wait for a new version, i'm not a photoshop pro actually, so i cant offer my help on making a skin.

the reviews section seems to take forever to update, and once it did update actually, but when i select a game it kept hanging on "fetching video" and i had to reboot.

another thing, the connection speed selection doesnt seem to affect "on the spot" and "gamespot live" section, videos like button mashing and stuff like that keeps buffering every 5 secs coz its on a high speed settings.

i just thought i would turn your attention to these points, aside from that [even with them] this script is a must have!

cheers!
Quote:the reviews section seems to take forever to update, and once it did update actually, but when i select a game it kept hanging on "fetching video" and i had to reboot.
it seems that you have a slow connection between your computer and gamespot server.

Quote:another thing, the connection speed selection doesnt seem to affect "on the spot" and "gamespot live" section, videos like button mashing and stuff like that keeps buffering every 5 secs coz its on a high speed settings.
it's working here... Huh
liquid,
what do you think about combining the gsplus script with the gametrailers.com script?

just think it may simplify things a bit and since they have basically the same "goal".

either way... i love your script!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i think i'm having the same problem bugmenot is having.

everything else works fine, but when i select "video reviews", it just remains on "retrieving games list..." no matter how long i leave it.
damn this py is tight.
thanks alot very useful, and taught me a lot.
if you haven't dled this get it now!
jt
i dont have a q dir. changed it in the script to the dir of my script folder in xmbc, is that right? when i go to watch video, it says fetching, but hangs. i am on cable modem
i've modified this slightly to include the following:

* improved skin that fits with project mayhem 3
* changed the layout of buttons/ticker to fit with the above
* added psp reviews as a separate button

you can grab it from here if you're interested.
i get the "fetching video.." for ever too. gs live works fine though. i don't know python, could someone give me a few lines of code to put in the script to show me what url it's trying to resolve? may be able to diagnose the problem then.

edit:

broke my python virginity & fixed it myself Smile

the line that is

result = re.search('</entry>.*<ref href="(.*)"/>', data, re.dotall|re.ignorecase)

should read

result = re.search('<entry>.*<ref href="(.*)"/>', data, re.dotall|re.ignorecase)

spiny
i update list, it found loads of games, but my butons on my pad stop working, only the d pad and select button work, weird, can anyone help me ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamespot plus script0