mySQL DB and TV Show matching problems
I'm having a few problems the mySQL db implementation and in particular tv show updates on a new XBMC install. The two problems may be unrelated, or they could be the same issue.

My setup is a clean install of Dharma, running against a blank mySQL db on another machine (my media server). Having installed XBMC, I set up my shares, set sources and scanned to my library. All great so far. The blank DBs on mySQL were populated correctly and all is well.

Now, when I perform updates the scan isn't picking up most of my new tv episodes. An example of the structure on my media server is as follows;

Code:
smb://192.168.0.1/tv/House/Season 07/house.709.hdtv-lol.avi

but this episode isn't being picked up during a scan. At first my advancedsettings.xml contained only the db connection info, but now I've added tvshomwatching as follows;

Code:
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo_[s01]_[e01] -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.1x09 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo s01e01, foo.s01.e01, foo.s01-e01 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- foo.103 -->
<regexp>[\._ \-]p(?:ar)?t[._ -]()([ivxlcdm]+)([\._ \-][^\\/]*)</regexp>  <!-- Pt.I, Part XIV -->
</tvshowmatching>

My full advancedsettings.xml can be found at http://pastebin.com/UDahimVe

To help diagnose the problem, I took a look at my xbmc.log file, the full contents of which can be seen at http://pastebin.com/SE379C1K

This is when I noticed the following line, repeated several times;

Code:
22:00:50 T:3078268800 M:660176896   ERROR: Unable to open database: media-videos [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.1' (101))

The curious thing is that the server is definitely up, and connectable (and the schema has been created from scratch by the current xbmc build so shouldn't be a version conflict). I can ping the server from the xbmc machine and when I browse MOVIES or TV, the library contents are accessed and displayed. Likewise, if I try to connect to the server from my laptop using the credentials in the advancedsettings file, all works fine. To confirm, I'm using the following connection details;

Code:
Server: 192.168.0.1
DB: media-videos
Username: xbmc
Password: xbmc

Can anyone shine any light on each of these problems (if indeed they are unrelated problems and not the same thing manifesting itself, such as by updates not being able to update the db). The curious thing is that the initial scan worked fine and nothing has changed on the xbmc or server end to change versions or permissions.

Thanks in advance for any help
on my searches of the forums, I noticed that I need to post a full debug log - maybe that's why there have been 37 views and no replies.

getting desperate, so will try anything Smile

my debug log can be found here http://pastebin.com/4b9t2y5e
moved this request to the General Help and Support forum, so apologies for the double post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mySQL DB and TV Show matching problems0