MYSQL CONFUSING ISSUE
Hope this is the right section. I setup mysql and the wiki was straightforward. I'm using 2 fire TVs (both rooted) and a fire TV stick. My Mac runs mysql and I'm using a RPI to serve files but the fire TVs are the only kodi devices I want to share libraries.
The rooted fire TVs are in sync and I have no problems. Its the fire TV stick that gives me issues. It always creates a video93.db while the aftvs are videos92. I won't go through all the steps because it might be unnecessary unless someone has questions. I will say I've tried just pushing the videos92.db to userdata as well as advanced settings and sources but it doesn't work. It will populate my library it just doesn't keep track of watched status. They are all running the latest beta2.
Here's what the difference is and I believe the issue. Because my 2 boxes are rooted I have advanced settings to store thumbs on external drives. Stick can't do that so I don't modify it and just leave it as the basic XML for watched status etc.
I assume mysql will allow for different advanced settings on different devices but I've tried just about everything I can think of. Any help is welcomed. Thanks.

***I just noticed that on the wiki the db for isengard beta2 is Myvideos93.db BUT I do have beta 2 on all devices HOWEVER I notice the build on my stick was compiled on June 14 so its very possible I'm running different nightlies. But they are definetly all beta 2. Is there a difference between these builds that can cause an issue with mysql? Its just real confusing because the wiki says it should be 93 yet the 2 boxes that are in sync have the 92.db.
No thoughts? Ok. Heres whatve been thinking.
When i first setup mysql some of my devices may have been beta1. Since then theyve all been updated to beta2 but maybe my aftvs are still using the beta1 database which is myvideos92.db.
Only way to know is to start fresh i guess. But if anyone has thoughts please share. Thanks.

Followup--Yes. That was it. Must've been running different versions when I initially setup mysql. I wouldn't have thought there'd be different databases for beta1 and beta2 but there are. All is working fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MYSQL CONFUSING ISSUE0