[iPad] XBMC on iPad 4.2.1
You cannot do a monte untether if you don't have 4.2b3 shsh's stored either locally or on saurik's server.
Directed to Wingie

If you have file, you can navigate to /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata and delete the guisettings.XML file. If you then restart xbmc it's back to the default theme
Errr, I must be totally dumb but I can't seem to make those scrolling bars appear... Where exactly am I supposed to hold my finger down ? And for how much time ?
V4vendetta75005 Wrote:Errr, I must be totally dumb but I can't seem to make those scrolling bars appear... Where exactly am I supposed to hold my finger down ? And for how much time ?

Well it depends what view mode your in, but for list style it's the right hand side of the rounded box containing the actually list of files itself. Just imagine that list as an embedded scrolling list in iOS, but to scroll you run your finger along where you'd expect the scroll bar to appear.

Hope that helps.
Anybody figured out a way to install the add-on repos? I forgot that Apple was nice enough to disable disk use on the newer devices and getting that zip file on there is proving to be problematic. Thanks Mr Jobs!
Halopend Wrote:Well it depends what view mode your in, but for list style it's the right hand side of the rounded box containing the actually list of files itself. Just imagine that list as an embedded scrolling list in iOS, but to scroll you run your finger along where you'd expect the scroll bar to appear.

Hope that helps.
It did ! Thank you very much !
DDM123 Wrote:Anybody figured out a way to install the add-on repos? I forgot that Apple was nice enough to disable disk use on the newer devices and getting that zip file on there is proving to be problematic. Thanks Mr Jobs!

SSH in with a program like cyberduck, put the zip in the private/var/mobile folder (native home folder in the GUI) and install from zip from within xbmc GUI. It was easy as drag and drop. Not all addons seem to be fully functional atm
brownstein Wrote:Thanks maltloaf, I didn't know that but don't want anyone to be misinformed. I had clicked on the "make my life easier" button ages ago in cydia so saurik has my shsh blobs.

Thx for answering anyways...
So I guess I should use 0.9.6rc8 and run the tethered one.
antoine62 Wrote:SSH in with a program like cyberduck, put the zip in the private/var/mobile folder (native home folder in the GUI) and install from zip from within xbmc GUI. It was easy as drag and drop. Not all addons seem to be fully functional atm

Figured as much. I used scp to get it on there ok. This is my wife's iPad so I'm kinda new to getting around Apple's lockdowns.
I can't seem to be able to select the Weather on the home screen. Only able to go as high as Pictures. Anyone else having this issue?
I am ssh'ing into xbmc with cyberduck and have found where to drop the zip files but when I try to install from zip I get the installation failed error.

i am trying to install djtoll's addon repository Joggler
just to see how (if?) that skin works with xbmc on the ipad.
Does anyone know where the addons are stored on the ipad, I am not familiar with the file structure and how xbmc utilizes it on the ipad.

edit: I am a little confused about what exactly joggler is for, but I am thinking that it is not a good fit for the ipad. Will wait for a nice skin designed for the ipad.
goldfinger Wrote:I can't seem to be able to select the Weather on the home screen. Only able to go as high as Pictures. Anyone else having this issue?
Nevermind. It takes a little bit to have the menu scroll up and down.
I don't get it.
Installed it and switched to BackRow.
But how do i scroll within the main menu?
Whereever i push, the ipad just heads for the video folder.

edit:
I guess BackRow does not work / iPad is to slow
Microsaft Wrote:I don't get it.
Installed it and switched to BackRow.
But how do i scroll within the main menu?
Whereever i push, the ipad just heads for the video folder.

edit:
I guess BackRow does not work / iPad is to slow

Same problem with Aeon MQ 2.
I have to figure out how to get back to Confluence now Rolleyes
I have it loaded and running fine on my tethered iPad, but I cannot connect to my shares on my windows 7 machine. It refuses the username and password each time. And i am sure they are correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] XBMC on iPad 4.2.10