• 7(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
im fine with the way everything works right now with harmony and atv2 in eden except i would like to change up/down to long skip ff and rw, hoping someone can help me.
(2012-04-24, 20:33)joazito Wrote: There is one thing that really makes me a decent amount of time everyday, the way I don't have a button to jump directly to the home screen (e.g. from browsing a video folder). How would one go about adding that?

+1
(2012-04-24, 20:33)joazito Wrote: There is one thing that really makes me a decent amount of time everyday, the way I don't have a button to jump directly to the home screen (e.g. from browsing a video folder). How would one go about adding that?

You would need to map a button (in this example I have used the learned FF button) and change the keymap to:

Code:
<button id="18">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</button>

(2012-04-25, 19:56)mcfreiz Wrote: im fine with the way everything works right now with harmony and atv2 in eden except i would like to change up/down to long skip ff and rw, hoping someone can help me.

In your keymap file (/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml) change line 92 and 93 from
Code:
<button id="1">VolumeUp</button>
      <button id="2">VolumeDown</button>
to
Code:
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Is there a way to go to DVD menu directly?
(2012-04-26, 08:30)milli Wrote: Is there a way to go to DVD menu directly?

<button id="x>ShowVideoMenu</button>
Set Up
My '/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps' directory is empty (accessed by SSH file transfer). Any idea what's going on?
It shouldn't be, if you are on ATV2 then there should be a joystick.AppleRemote.xml file in there. Have you looked using Cyberduck?
Set Up
(2012-04-25, 22:35)deanmv Wrote: [quote='joazito' pid='1085563' dateline='1335292439']
There is one thing that really makes me a decent amount of time everyday, the way I don't have a button to jump directly to the home screen (e.g. from browsing a video folder). How would one go about adding that?

You would need to map a button (in this example I have used the learned FF button) and change the keymap to:

Code:
<button id="18">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</button>

Awesome! Thank you so much. For getting to the screen for subtitles - on/off and which ones- would it be XBMC.ActivateWindow(osdaudiosettings) ?
You have two options here, there is:

ShowSubtitles Toggles whether subtitles are shown or not.
NextSubtitle Change to the next subtitle language, if there is more than one.

So it would be (same buttons example as before)
Code:
<button id="18">ShowSubtitles</button>
or
Code:
<button id="18">NextSubtitle</button>
Set Up
(2012-04-26, 21:49)deanmv Wrote: It shouldn't be, if you are on ATV2 then there should be a joystick.AppleRemote.xml file in there. Have you looked using Cyberduck?

I wasn't using Cyberduck, installed it and confirms the dir "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps" is empty. Do I need to logout of XBMC or something?
You shouldn't do. I thought it came with xbmc? :S You can always make it yourself if not? Can't see any harm being done in that...
Set Up
(2012-04-26, 09:50)deanmv Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 08:30)milli Wrote: Is there a way to go to DVD menu directly?

<button id="x>ShowVideoMenu</button>

Thanks. It worked. Just to confirm you can work only with button ids that are mapped to remote. Basically find the one which is not used and map to the function you want. In this case I mapped button id 1(which was originally mapped to volume up, not really useful) to do this. I see this one in the keymap file

<!-- Enter --> <button id="78">ShowVideoMenu</button>

but my harmony remote does not send any signal on pressing enter. Is there a way to learn it?
(2012-04-26, 21:44)joazito Wrote: My '/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps' directory is empty (accessed by SSH file transfer). Any idea what's going on?

That's normal. There's a copy within the XBMC app/frapp itself that serves as a master that you can copy from, but it's typically just easier to download a fresh .xml from github using the link on the Keyboard.xml (wiki) wiki page: https://raw.github.com/xbmc/xbmc/master/...Remote.xml
(2012-04-26, 22:26)deanmv Wrote: You have two options here, there is:

ShowSubtitles Toggles whether subtitles are shown or not.
NextSubtitle Change to the next subtitle language, if there is more than one.

So it would be (same buttons example as before)
Code:
<button id="18">ShowSubtitles</button>
or
Code:
<button id="18">NextSubtitle</button>

Hi-
This did not work for me. For some reason it is ignoring it. I decided I could live without it once I realized I could hold down the "OK" button to access all the language stuff. Which leaves me with one last question. I noticed that there is an option for customizing the "pageup" and "pagedown" buttons. Are there already physical buttons on the Harmony One remote which trigger these buttons? I was using those options to trigger the subtitles, but they don't seem to do anything.
Thanks again though - my ATV2 w/XBMC is the best thing ever. If only it would play 1080p files, it'd be perfect.
It might not be button 18. I was just using it as an example. If you turn debugging on and then keep pressing the button you want it to be, when you read the log it will tell you what button number that is.
Set Up
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0