• 1(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
Is there any way we can get some clarification as to the status of Harmony support for the ATV2? I see in the settings that Harmony is mentioned, and I have enabled it but I can't tell any difference. I suspect that if the support is there, I will still need to reconfigure the harmony in order to actually send different commands. Do I need to set up the ATV as a different device in the Harmony settings or is this still on the TODO list?

Apologies if this has already been addressed, I searched and read all the ATV threads and didn't see any info.
You can use a Harmony with any device... as long as the Harmony learns the proper IR codes. Why not check Logitech's website and see if the AppleTV 2 is listed as a supported device?
bmcclure937,
I think El Nacho is referring to switching the remote settings from "apple remote" to "Harmony" from XBMC's settings menu. What that settings actually does for XBMC, I don't know. However, leaving it on "apple remote" and using my Harmony One configured for Apple TV, I am able to control XBMC alright.

My hope is having XBMC on the "Harmony" settings will allow us to utilize more buttons on the Harmony remote. Hopefully a developer in the know can chime in to explain this setting for us.

-Dazex
Yes, I suppose I should have mentioned that I am, in fact, not an idiot and have been using my Harmony for quite some time to control my ATV. It also works just fine for very basic control of XBMC, however since the original remote doesn't include buttons for functions like stop and chapter skip, none of those buttons work the way one would hope during playback. There is even a setting to enable more robust remote features for universal remotes but I have enabled it and cannot tell a difference. That was what my question was in regards to.
No one knows? I've been fairly amazed at the quick replies for most questions and issues today by the devs/mods/official XBMC people, but the couple of times I've seen people ask questions about universal remote support there's been no answer at all. Does anybody know what's up? The option is there, I'd just like to know if it's a stub or if I need to change some settings on my remote.
I haven't got an ATV2 yet (decided to get one when I saw the news on xbmc.org), but what if you choose the Apple remote in the Harmony software and then manually add for example "i" to your "info-button" on the Harmony? Or "x" to the "stop-button"?

Well, if those are the same keys used in OSX, that is (I'm using a Windows-based PC atm). Would that work?

Nevertheless, I'm also interested in this as I'd want to use my Harmony One to control my future Apple TV2.

nu1mlock
known issue at this time, it will be fixed in a future release.
Thanks for the update davilla. And thanks for all the hard work you must have put into this project just to get this ported over. I am in awe at how amazing this first release looks on my iPad and ATV (not so much on my iPhone4. :p)

I was wondering if it was even possible to get the hardware to recognize codes that aren't naturally programmed in. I would think that would be something almost hard coded into the OS and not something that could be easily changed. I figure, as a worst case scenario, you might be able to use macros in order to run certain commands. Like a quick succession of up up down would be recognized as "Stop" or whatever and then we could map that macro to the stop button on our Harmony. Obviously if you've figured out a more elegant solution, then by all means, do that but I thought I'd toss in my unwanted two cents.

Thanks again for the great platform. I can't wait to see what comes next. Smile
El Nacho Wrote:Thanks for the update davilla. And thanks for all the hard work you must have put into this project just to get this ported over. I am in awe at how amazing this first release looks on my iPad and ATV (not so much on my iPhone4. :p)

I was wondering if it was even possible to get the hardware to recognize codes that aren't naturally programmed in. I would think that would be something almost hard coded into the OS and not something that could be easily changed. I figure, as a worst case scenario, you might be able to use macros in order to run certain commands. Like a quick succession of up up down would be recognized as "Stop" or whatever and then we could map that macro to the stop button on our Harmony. Obviously if you've figured out a more elegant solution, then by all means, do that but I thought I'd toss in my unwanted two cents.

Thanks again for the great platform. I can't wait to see what comes next. Smile

It's not a technical issue but a internal issue with xbmc code structures, in other words, I have it hacked into place for now while I gain time to change some internal structure. Once I do that, keymaps and Harmony will be back.
Awesome. Thanks again for the update and all your hard work.
Awesome! Because there is no way to disable subtitles or anything IN MOVIE (or queue, or info or assign lol)

K... incase no one else stumbled onto it.. right nowt he skip back (chapter back) button opens up the video OSD menu

Hopefully in the near future we will be able to have a correct map of hte keys Smile
Numus Wrote:Awesome! Because there is no way to disable subtitles or anything IN MOVIE (or queue, or info or assign lol)

K... incase no one else stumbled onto it.. right nowt he skip back (chapter back) button opens up the video OSD menu

Hopefully in the near future we will be able to have a correct map of hte keys Smile

You can disable subtitles in movie....you hold down the play button i believe it is. Sorry I did it last night after finding the solution on here, but I'm at work and don't remember what it was. Basiically the same as pushing "m" on the keyboard.
sytanek Wrote:You can disable subtitles in movie....you hold down the play button i believe it is. Sorry I did it last night after finding the solution on here, but I'm at work and don't remember what it was. Basiically the same as pushing "m" on the keyboard.

Ya i figured it out.. Actually the button is mapped to "skip forward" on the harmony...
I really hope it will be possible to remap a full keyboard into the AppleTV 2g that way we can remap a harmony remote to fully function.
I'm using the remote for my lcd tv to control my ATV, I had the ATV learn the play controls but they dont seem to work in xbmc.
syslog and xbmc.log please.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0