[AppleTV2] Emulators on ATV2?
Hi,
first I would like to thank you xbmc guys. I had this fantastic news today (ATV2 XBMC port) observing the scrolling rss feeds in xbmc and I simply couldn't realize the thing!!!!
Now that all we have the nearly perfect media center... wouldn't be cool if we could install the old glories emulators such as psx, mame, etc... Do you think they will run? Or they will need a specific version for atv2?

Waiting for answers!
You would have to ask in the appropriate emulator forums. I wouldn't be too hopeful. This is just speculation but the ATV2 is just going to allow you to watch your stored/streaming content. Its not a PC so emulators will most likely not work.

Would be cool though.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
There are emulators available for the iOS available through cydia. The "good" ones aren't free (the ones that let you use WiiMotes).

I you can install XBMC, you should be able to install them.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
hi i also wanted to ask if somebody managed to run a n64 emulator on the atv? i would love to play a round of mario kart...
I think someone just recently managed to create a iOS interface for aTV2...think it was on Redmondpie a while back...So definitely possible!!!!
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
problaze Wrote:I think someone just recently managed to create a iOS interface for aTV2...think it was on Redmondpie a while back...So definitely possible!!!!

What has ios on atv2 todo with emulators? ATV2 is running ios all the time since apple released it. But the GUI just is different.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Emulators on ATV2?0