Build Live with addition package
Hi Guys,

I need some help. I'm building diskless HTPC by PXE using XBMC-Live, but XBMC-Live not come with nfs-common and portmap which required for stream from nfs server. I know I can install on persistent mount, but because all my diskless HTPC will use nfs, I prefer to make it into XBMC-Live image. So I downloaded XBMC source code and build XBMC-Live image myself. But I need some guide on how can I install addition package before make image file.

Thanks a lot

Noodle
piece of cake:

debian's live-build manual

hence these are the SDK files
Thanks for your reply. One more question how can I change default password for xbmc during building live image? I only find change password for tvhead.

Noodle
that's a little bit harder since the default pwd comes from xbmc-live package.
You would need to create your own build hook, resetting the password of xbmc user.
I c, thanks.

BTW, after I build my own XBMCLive, nvidia driver cannot load. I think this probably because I'm building it from a virtual machine? Do I had to build it on a PC with nVidia video card? In that case, how can XBMC Live support ATI, nVidia and Intel at same time?

I'm using command "buildWithOption.sh -l" (Live only, no installer). Build was done on 10.04.1.

Also, when check package before build start, it missing check "curl", so it gives error during build.
you can build on any PC provided that you have all the needed packages - btw, curl is included in the required packages list.
Autosensing GPU is happening at runtime.

Without a full build log I can't be of any additional help, sorry.
lcapriotti Wrote:Without a full build log I can't be of any additional help, sorry.

Of course you can... Aren't we all mind readersHuh

<---- 667 posts is better then 666 Shocked
Good day!
I need some help.
I'm building XBMC-Live (Ubuntu natty).
I'm using command "buildWithOption.sh -k" and workarea from /SDK/ not removed.
In the next build i'm using command buildWithOption.sh -k and when running script /SDK/build.sh running "Cleaning workarea" and it all starts again - creating new workarea, downloads packages...
question: there is command to rebuild binary.iso from old /SDK/workarea without downloading packages?
The lb clean command will clean up all generated files from the previous build except for the cache, which saves having to re-download packages.
This ensures that the subsequent lb build will re-run all stages to regenerate the files from our new configuration.
maybe so :
build.sh line number 51 cleanup()
how to change cleanup() ?
Thanks .
p.s. Google Translate is bad ?
You need to download packages anyway, not possible to skip it.

What you can do is use apt-cacher-ng and launch buildWithOptions.sh using -p http://127.0.0.1:3142 (in case the cacher is running on your build machine).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build Live with addition package0