[AppleTV2] Will Netflix still work on a jailbreaked Apple TV 2?
I love the GUI on the ATV2 vs the standard streaming GUI you see on the Blu ray players and other places. Its more user friendly and you see more at one time and its faster to jump between movies in your queue. With my blu ray you can hold down the button and jump fast but i can with the ATV2
So... Is it not possible to use xbmcflix on atv2??
Don't think so. OSX != iOS.
Can someone point me out how to configure it then? I only need to know where should i put login and password
As I recall, when under the Netflix the last menu option was Login or Settings or something like that. When I originally set it up, it was real obvious as I did not have to dig out any manuals or anything to do it. Hope this helps.
vmgp Wrote:Is there any way or trick I can use to play netflix and xbmc movies outside US? I am using an Apple TV 2g and it works great with the jailbreak and xbmc but I can´t see a lot of channels.
Thank you.

Google "geo-blocking", then google "VPN". All will be revealed.
daMouse Wrote:As I recall, when under the Netflix the last menu option was Login or Settings or something like that. When I originally set it up, it was real obvious as I did not have to dig out any manuals or anything to do it. Hope this helps.

I checked that on mine and the only things i got is the menu where it asks me if im in osx or win, the parental menu and the debugging one... no login thingy Sad
this website is great, http://unblock-us.com/ vpn that works with apple tv 2. ns how it works but you just have change the dns servers on apple tv 2 to the ones they give you and you can access netflix from outsite us, no dd-wrt router needed, no need to have a computer on. This is also great because unlike vpn it just some how masks your location, this means you still get full speeds from your internet connection. i am able to stream hd from netflix on a 4mb line where as with a vpn i would onlu get 1mb speeds. also if your in the uk you can still access iplayer aswell as us websites. I have no idea how this works but it is a great solution
Any luck getting the netflix app to work in XBMC?
Getting the Netflix plug-in to launch the included ATV2 Netflix client will take a lot more than simply configuring the plug-in. I know it's possible on iPhone/iPod/iPad to launch it using a special URL, but I don't believe something like that would work with the ATV2, and even if it did the URL syntax could be different.

At the very least, two things need to happen (probably more):

1. Figure out how to launch the Netflix frapp from XBMC

2. Change the plug-in itself to pass along a URL or something with the proper syntax
Ned Scott Wrote:Getting the Netflix plug-in to launch the included ATV2 Netflix client will take a lot more than simply configuring the plug-in. I know it's possible on iPhone/iPod/iPad to launch it using a special URL, but I don't believe something like that would work with the ATV2, and even if it did the URL syntax could be different.

At the very least, two things need to happen (probably more):

1. Figure out how to launch the Netflix frapp from XBMC

2. Change the plug-in itself to pass along a URL or something with the proper syntax

You don't launch a frapp, they are frontrow plugins. You would have to tell frontrow to switch from the xbmc plugin (they are called controllers) to Netflix. There is no API for that so it would require hook/hacks.
davilla Wrote:You don't launch a frapp, they are frontrow plugins. You would have to tell frontrow to switch from the xbmc plugin (they are called controllers) to Netflix. There is no API for that so it would require hook/hacks.

Aside from nitpicking the meaning of "launch", I pretty much just said all of this. Wink

I'm not sure I understand why this thread was moved to "off topic" since the discussion is now about getting the XBMC Netflix plug-in to work on the ATV2. If the iOS forum is not the place for this, then perhaps we should start a new thread in the add-ons forum? I don't mean to be a pain about this, but this is about the 3rd time an on-topic thread got whisked away here, so maybe my definition of "on-topic" isn't correct?
Ned Scott Wrote:Aside from nitpicking the meaning of "launch", I pretty much just said all of this. Wink

I'm not sure I understand why this thread was moved to "off topic" since the discussion is now about getting the XBMC Netflix plug-in to work on the ATV2. If the iOS forum is not the place for this, then perhaps we should start a new thread in the add-ons forum? I don't mean to be a pain about this, but this is about the 3rd time an on-topic thread got whisked away here, so maybe my definition of "on-topic" isn't correct?

there is a reason why it gets moved, if its not to do with XBMC running on ios it gets moved to off-topic.... is that simple

first post "Will NetFlix run on an AppleTV2 after it has been jailbroken? " has nothing to do with xbmc or XBMC Netflix plug-in. does that still fit in your definition of "on-topic"? Smile

EDIT: also the fact that you hijacked it and said a few words about an addon doesn't make it a "on-topic" post all of a sudden
amet Wrote:EDIT: also the fact that you hijacked it and said a few words about an addon doesn't make it a "on-topic" post all of a sudden

Actually someone else mentioned it first and then it kept getting bumped by other people who were actually trying to get the plug-in to work. Mixed in with some other people asking about out-of-US VPNs. Hence why I mentioned making a new thread. However, I didn't want to do so if there was some other reason it was considered inappropriate.

Sorry for any confusion :)
Ned Scott Wrote:Sorry for any confusion Smile

I was not confused at all Big Grin , its all good

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Will Netflix still work on a jailbreaked Apple TV 2?1