• 5(current)
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)
Regarding the original request "Option to auto play next video file [in the directory].." agreed, I'd like this very much too. Zoom Player has it (no disrespect), however Media Player Classic Home Cinema doesn't. I prefer not to have to pre-queue a playlist nor teach the children how to operate the HTPC -- thanks.
Is there still no way to do this?
.!
Signed up just to say I want this feature too.

Testing out xbmc today and seems really good but what's stopping me from using it is no auto play next file.

I don't see the problem in implementing it as It will make me switch from my current software combination of MPC-HC and the original Meedio which I use as my frontend which can auto play next on MPC using a playlist behind the scenes.
Also want this feature/option:
upon reaching the end of the current video, auto play next video in current folder.
.!
I can report there's been a minor improvement in this regard. My patch to start the video queue with a button press was integrated. So, you don't have to use the context menu to switch to Now Playing first to start the queue. This action can be bound in keymap.xml or to a skin button:

XBMC.Playlist.PlayOffset(video,0)

This was an existing function which still works as it did before. If you leave out the queue type (music|video), it'll assume the "current" queue and jump to that offset value in it.

If you state the queue, and its not the current one, it'll stop whatever is playing, and start the chosen queue at the desired offset (where 0 is the beginning.)

Sure its not a complete "auto play" solution, but for the infrequent times I want to play a ton of videos in a row, this saves me a step. I still dont think that an option like music makes sense as most of the time you don't want to auto play the next video. I have been meaning to try implementing a "play from here" action (probably only via the context menu to avoid accidental usage) which would automate the process by simply adding that file and everything after in the listing (files only) into the video queue and immediately start playing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I would love a video "auto-play next in folder" option.

My son is addicted to Peppa Pig which are 5 minutes long. Real pain having to turn on the next episode every 5 minutes.

I would also love this feature for TV Series also. I always watch more than one at a time, and they are always in order. So playing the next one would be perfect.

It does seem to auto play next for films that are names cd1 and cd2. Useful feature.

I don't see why this isn't standard for when there is more than one file in a folder.

People have been asking for this for over 5 years.
Could you please implement this feature?
First, I didn't notice the thread and opened a new one

I was dissapointed that the feature being asked for 5 years is not implemented yet.
So, I tried to do it myself - and, I guess, I did it.

If you are familiar with SVN, you can try the patch: http://gfarry.com/AutoPlayNextVideo.patch

Update me if it works or not. I'll try to fix the minor issues I reported in my post
tonight.
a ticket to apply the patch to SVN added on trac
Cheers gfarry. Great work!
gfarry Wrote:I was dissapointed that the feature being asked for 5 years is not implemented yet. So, I tried to do it myself - and, I guess, I did it.

Thnx! Smile

gfarry Wrote:If you are familiar with SVN, you can try the patch: http://gfarry.com/AutoPlayNextVideo.patch

Sry I'm not, can You give a little how-to for xbmc live?
This is sweeeeeet! Haven't actually tried it yet, but if it does what it's should it's one step closer to what I'm after. Good work Big Grin
I can't wait for this to be part of the new release.

Can someone update this thread when that happens?
It's up to gfarry to respond to developer requests regarding his trac ticket.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to auto play next video file in list (same as under music)0