[AppleTV2] Setting the Time?
Alpha8Me Wrote:Well I guess I messed up......I should have read the entire post......I entered this:
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/**America/Chicago** localtime

with the actual "**" in the command. Now when I SSH via putty to fix my error it says
"rm: cannot remove `localtime': No such file or directory"

Please help!

Just recreate the link, when you ran the command with ** in it no 'localtime' file was created.
Can't get this to work for China / Beijing time, tried all kinds of combinations Sad tips anyone?
Hauken Wrote:Can't get this to work for China / Beijing time, tried all kinds of combinations Sad tips anyone?

Just need to pick a city with a GMT+8 timezone from here http://www.happyzebra.com/timezones-worl...hp?q=China that's also in /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia and use it below:

Code:
(first ssh to the atv2, login as root with alpine for the password)
cd /private/var/db/timezone
rm localtime
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Hong_Kong localtime
reboot (might be able to just run 'killall AppleTV' but reboot will definitely make the settings current)
LOL...I FEEL STUPID!...been battling with the time thing and then looked at the instructions closely....I've been changing the localtime in /etc
badjase Wrote:Any Chance you could post the settings to display correct clock time for United Kingdom please??

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/GB localtime

seems to also resolve daylight savings
Have a new problem. I correctly fixed the time internally in my atv2. But in XBMC is displaying a wrong time? (Top right corner)?
If you are running the latest build, check the system settings. There you can change the timezone, too Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Solo0815 Wrote:If you are running the latest build, check the system settings. There you can change the timezone, too Wink

Thanks, I found that.
System, Appearance, International, changing it to UK time. Doesnt work for me :S
jimton Wrote:System, Appearance, International, changing it to UK time. Doesnt work for me :S

What XBMC build are you using and what symptoms are you seeing exactly?
jd2157 Wrote:What XBMC build are you using and what symptoms are you seeing exactly?

sorry I should of said, iam on the Dharma release at the moment. The current time just shows the US time even when I try and change it to UK time. Huh
how do you type USA in California time?
fabulous Wrote:how do you type USA in California time?

pacific
[AppleTV2] Setting the Time functionality available in Apple TV2 sets,it;s most useful function to saw a late night movie you set the time and you sleep that time particular time this TV2 automatic off.
davilla Wrote:pacific

so SSH into ATV2

cd /private/var/db/timezone
rm localtime
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/pacific localtime

??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Setting the Time?1