Harmony One, LIRC and XBMC
OK... so I'm completely lost on this one and I need some help.

I have a HP Model OVU400102/71 IR Receiver which I understand is properly supported by XBMC. I'm attempting to use my Harmony ONE remote to interface to XBMC but I can't get it done. I'm thinking I need to create a .lircrc config file correct? I installed XBMC from the XBMC Live CD and I figured that it would include that as part of the installation. So... where can I look to try and write out a complete .lircrc file for XBMC or is it laying around here somewhere and I just can find it? Big Grin

I appreciate any help...
Ok... so I finally got the IR Receiver to respond to command from the remote as seen in irw.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91035 helped along with changing the driver in the /etc/lirc/hardware.conf from REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2" to REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb".

Now just to get the Harmony One configured properly.
I have my Harmony One configured as a MCE remote in the Harmony Software, which maps most of the buttons for you, you just need to make a few changes to customise it.

I have the volume buttons controlling my receiver; and for certain buttons which the remote doesn't have: ie. Red/Blue/Green/Yellow
I mapped these to different functions in my remote.xml file; which then inturn are custom buttons on the touch panel.

So for instance:

<red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShows)</red>
<green>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</green>
<yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Weather)</yellow>
<blue>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,Movies)</blue>
<teletext>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</teletext>
<record>XBMC.EjectTray()</record>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony One, LIRC and XBMC0