Transparency! on iPad / iPhone
Question 
since xbmc is now available for iPad and iPhone users, i'm trying to find out if T! works on those devices.

i don't have any of these myself, so depend on you to test it.

first thing you need to do is enable 'touchscreen support' in skin settings.
(Settings > Skin Settings > General > Enable touchscreen mode)
this will add a few buttons to the skin: back, close and player controls.

please let me know if there's anything missing.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hey mate,

it works on iPhone but I cant comment on usability, my fingers are too fat Smile

one thing to note is that it needs SVN version of T! as .xbt wont do it on iOS
Amet Wrote:hey mate,

it works on iPhone but I cant comment on usability, my fingers are too fat Smile

use a stylus? ;-)

Amet Wrote:one thing to note is that it needs SVN version of T! as .xbt wont do it on iOS

thanx...seems valuable info for all iOS users to me.

btw. congrats on your work mate and good luck with all the support requests
that seem to be flooding the forum since yesterday.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:btw. congrats on your work mate and good luck with all the support requests

Is there a development/disscussion thread anywhere on 'XBMC for ipad/iphone'? Are they, more specifically iPad, powerful enough? I don't even own one just curious, Thx...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
ronie Wrote:use a stylus? ;-)

nah, its sooo not Apple to do that

ronie Wrote:thanx...seems valuable info for all iOS users to me.

it works on ATV2 though, and it works well Smile

ronie Wrote:btw. congrats on your work mate and good luck with all the support requests

my work on it was minimal, all credit to davilla and gimli

forum will be another story to sort out Smile, but we will handle it as we go along.
Amet Wrote:it works on ATV2 though, and it works well Smile

so the ATV2 does handle .xbt files, correct?
mcborzu Wrote:Is there a development/disscussion thread anywhere on 'XBMC for ipad/iphone'? Are they, more specifically iPad, powerful enough? I don't even own one just curious, Thx...

Using it on my ipad now and am pretty impressed. Even 1080p movies are working over my wireless g network with just a few buffering issues. Can't give any definitive comment on skin performance yet as I am still loading them and updating the library...
-stoli-
This from my iPhone 4
I used svn but and tried the same for the theme but that did not work either in xbt or folder.
I don't know for the iPad, because I de-jailbroke it last week Sad but like Amet says, those buttons on the iPhone are awfully small.
I am sure you notice the missing side panel for Settings

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Amet Wrote:it works on ATV2 though, and it works well Smile

I'm curious, if the ATV2 does not have any storage, where do you put XBMC?

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:This from my iPhone 4
I used svn but and tried the same for the theme but that did not work either in xbt or folder.
I don't know for the iPad, because I de-jailbroke it last week Sad but like Amet says, those buttons on the iPhone are awfully small.
I am sure you notice the missing side panel for Settings

Same visual behavior on the iPad but navigation is pretty easy once you get used to the quirks. Double tap for context menu, swipe left for back, etc.
-stoli-
jpf55 Wrote:I'm curious, if the ATV2 does not have any storage, where do you put XBMC?

it has 8GB internal, it rocks Smile
Amet Wrote:it has 8GB internal, it rocks Smile

So what happens if there is a power failure, do you have to re-jailbreak and reinstall xbmc?

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:So what happens if there is a power failure, do you have to re-jailbreak and reinstall xbmc?

nope, I am on 4.1 untethered
amet Wrote:one thing to note is that it needs SVN version of T! as .xbt wont do it on iOS

I have just finished checking and it seems that .xbt are fine though. sorry for the false alarm
amet Wrote:it has 8GB internal, it rocks Smile

Hi Amet, a bit off topic maybe but my first gen AppleTV just died, would you recommend the ATV2 or something else?

Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! on iPad / iPhone0