After upgrade from 9.11 to Dharma is USB HDD missing
After upgrade from XBMC live 9.11 to Dharma is USB HDD not recognized by XBMC. It looks like a BUG. Later I will send a log file.

Alda
deleted
Here is a logfile - I can see a DBUS error but I don't know how to solve.

http://pastebin.com/v5mXFHJg

Alda
same problem here. Upgraded to xbmc 10 dharma, can't find the external usb hdd.. Sad

*edit*
I should have mentioned that I'm using an Acer Aspire Revo.
does anyone have a solution to this, or is this a documented bug?
Works for me. However I didnt try booting with it plugged in. I inserted it after startup. Detected and mounted. Opened file manager menu and safely remove.

Dharma Live HDD install.

What file system is on the USB disk?
FishOil Wrote:Works for me. However I didnt try booting with it plugged in. I inserted it after startup. Detected and mounted. Opened file manager menu and safely remove.

Dharma Live HDD install.

What file system is on the USB disk?

Hm. Also tried inserting after startup, as you suggested. Still didn't work. The file system on the external usb hdd is NTFS, and it worked fine on the 9.11 version of xbmc.

If I were to add a source, and browse for the usb hdd, what path would that be? I'm not too familiar with the linux directory tree, and I think I pretty much looked everywhere already, but maybe I missed it somehow.
john2kx Wrote:Hm. Also tried inserting after startup, as you suggested. Still didn't work. The file system on the external usb hdd is NTFS, and it worked fine on the 9.11 version of xbmc.

If I were to add a source, and browse for the usb hdd, what path would that be? I'm not too familiar with the linux directory tree, and I think I pretty much looked everywhere already, but maybe I missed it somehow.

Well I think you would have seen the popup if it was mounted but you can have a look in the root file tree under /media or /mnt.

It may have a weird name thats the UUID of the drive resembling F785H287WI69287G83NX9

It could also be that the drive was uncleanly unmounted. Linux will not mount a dirty NTFS drive. Plug it back into a windows machine and safely remove then retry in XBMC.

If all else fails you may have to add an fstab entry.
FishOil Wrote:Well I think you would have seen the popup if it was mounted but you can have a look in the root file tree under /media or /mnt.

It may have a weird name thats the UUID of the drive resembling F785H287WI69287G83NX9

It could also be that the drive was uncleanly unmounted. Linux will not mount a dirty NTFS drive. Plug it back into a windows machine and safely remove then retry in XBMC.

If all else fails you may have to add an fstab entry.

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried everything, no dice. I think a few other people have had the same exact problem (last page of this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post698825), and a solution hasn't been found yet.. They usually just reinstall xbmc from scratch, which is what I think I'm going to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After upgrade from 9.11 to Dharma is USB HDD missing0