• 18(current)
[AppleTV2] HOW-TO to enable AC3 and DTS output for Apple TV 2
You did try Audio Output: 16Bit in AppleTV2 settings already right?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I did, but that was before I started changing settings on the receiver. I'll go back and try that again. Thanks.
(2012-06-20, 03:55)tabiasdagger Wrote: I had this problem and tried everything listed here.... nothing worked. I then started changing settings on my receiver.

I've got a Denon AVR-1312.... this is what worked for me.

Menu > Input Setup > Input Mode > Decode Mode..... (on the Denon)

Change it from Auto to DTS, then exit the menu and go back in and change it to auto again.

This seems to somehow allow it to start decoding Dolby Digital..... but only for a while, if I leave the system sitting for a while, not playing a movie, the next time I try to play one, I get static again.

Here are my other settings

AppleTV2 with 5.0
Settings -> Audio & Video -> Dolby Digital: On, Audio Output: Auto

XBMC 11.0 Eden
Settings -> System -> Audio output -> Audio Output: HDMI, Speaker Configuration: 5.1, Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: true, DTS capable receiver: true

Hope this helps someone! If anyone has any idea why this is not working after a period of time, I'd be interested to know.

ok - so I changed the setting to 16 bit as suggested.... same results, but I found a new clue - it seems to happen when I exit xbmc and reopen it. I watched about four movies back to back today and didn't have any trouble with Dolby digital on any of them until I closed xmbc and reopened it. The next movie I tried to play was all static. I did the old trick above on my receiver and I got Dolby digital back.
tabiasdagger ! I have the exact same setup with a Denon AVR-1312. Thanks so much for your advice I just flicked 'DTS' mode on and then back to Auto and it worked for that short period of time.

Unfortunately it does seem as though it is not receiving a correct 'handshake' to auto detect the correct audio codec.

We're not the only ones with this issue - this whole thread covers it:
http://forum.firecore.com/topic/5904?pag...ment-26873

I don't believe this is an XBMC issue as much as it is throughout the entire system (ie. its a firecore issue) I experience it not automatically detecting in Media Player, XBMC and Plex (remembering Plex converts DTS to Dolby AC3)

I believe you should post in the above linked thread and see if it can be dealt with at that level.

Hello,

i found this thread after spending hours (days, with friends) trying to solve a similar issue on a zotac ionitx-d-e in combination with the Denon AVR1312. I tried some versions of xbmc (openelec in different versions, xbmcubuntu eden), tweaked audio output by creating/editing asound.conf and the audio output/passthrough devices in xbmc. Its driving me crazy! My DVB-S receiver (enigma2 device) on the same Denon works flawless with AC3 sound. XBMC worked too, but i cant remember which version it was (Dharma?). Tried a nightly build with the new audio engine - no success. If I, as you describe, switch from auto to dts input mode and back on my Denon, its working till i do anything else interrupting playback (if I just let it play, it works fine). Of course did i change the cables, tried optical connection (same problem) and different inputs on the Denon - its not working. I spent hours trying to solve this, this is the hardest nut I ever experienced with xbmc since i installed it years ago on my xbox. Any suggestions would be welcome, other threads related to this problem, audio settings, asound.conf man with proper explanation for flagging the soundstream etc.

greets towly
I have this problem on my ASRock Nettop ION 330 in combination with AVR1312. The ASRock works fine with my Yamaha reciever. Hence this seems not to be an problem with ATV.
I'm considering buying a Denon AVR 2113. Boy, would I like to.

Do all Denon Models show the issues described in this thread?

Is there anybody out there using the Denon AVR 1713 or 2113 in combination with xbmc on ATV2?
Romanes eunt domus
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] HOW-TO to enable AC3 and DTS output for Apple TV 21