How powerful is an ION HTPC?
My Setup:

Zotac IONitx-g-e
4gb ram (don't remember what kind)
WD 1.5tb Green drive, partitioned off with 20gb, 5gb swap, and the rest for movies.
XBMC-Live Dharma.

Had this for almost a year now.

Runs sabnzbd in the background just fine. Sometimes a little bit of hesitation when unpacking/repairing/checking downloads, but it will still play 1080p just fine. I oc'd to 1800 (just matched the FSB to memory clock), so that may help a little bit. I was using a usb drive for a boot device for a while, and that was hella slow. Spring for a decent HD, or use another comp as a media server if you want to use usb for a boot device.

Also, make sure your SATA settings are right. I realized after almost a year of using this setup that I was set for IDE, and not AHCI mode. Makes a big difference when your SATA bus is running at full speed.

As far as memory intensive skins, IDK. I have to keep a high WAF (wife acceptance factor) on this, and confluence seems to be the one she gets the easiest.
My lenovo D150 idea center is working great, Mounts to the back of my $300 panny plasma i got during xmas. I use xbmc remote for android. Works flawlessly at 1080p/24, BD playback over ISO from WHS works great too. Using Arcosoft TMT5 for that task.

The ony issue i have is exiting XBMC, causes a lockup, Not sure why. Might have something to do with bluetooth dinovo edge which is also connected at times.

I will probally swich to Gmote and XBMC for android full time for mouse duties. The dinovo mini has its own issues with the down arrow locking up after some duties.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
I have 2 Acer revo 1600s and they work great for my needs. Playback 1080p without a problem and have IR receivers for remote support. I can wake and suspend them directly from the remote. have an xbmc live install on both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How powerful is an ION HTPC?0