Good tablet to buy?
I'm looking to pick up a tablet that I can use with the remote software, as sort of a complement to the physical remote that already works with XBMC.

Ideally, I'm looking for a 7" or so, and preferably under $200. Anyone have any suggestions on good tablets?

I wish I could get a Nook Color, but $250 is a bit more than I want to go.
7" under 200€, you'll have only rather old (more than 1year old) Android 1.5 or 1.6 tablets. I've just purchased an Archos 101 (10.1", 300€) so I looked at their store. They're still selling their older Archos 9HT and 7HT android tablets. Those should be fine for light web surfing (not so much for video, youtube...) and for XBMC remote. I've tried both 7" and 10" and although I've sticked to the 10" size for various reasons, it seems to me 7" is the best size for a XBMC remote.

There are also chinese tablets floating arround, some as cheap as 100$. I haven't looked much in that direction.
I bought a Coby Kyros 7" from toys r us, works fine as a remote, but it's crap otherwise, it was $149 , unsure if I would recommend it, battery only lasts for a few hours when powered on, and the touch screen is borderline unusable for anything but remote control applications, but it works
YodaEXE Wrote:I'm looking to pick up a tablet that I can use with the remote software, as sort of a complement to the physical remote that already works with XBMC.

Ideally, I'm looking for a 7" or so, and preferably under $200. Anyone have any suggestions on good tablets?

I wish I could get a Nook Color, but $250 is a bit more than I want to go.

Did you buy Nook Color ?

Could you post your opinion, please.

Thanks
castortray Wrote:Did you buy Nook Color ?

Could you post your opinion, please.

Thanks

Using rooted Nook Color. With stock firmware, device works good out of the box. Updated with cyanogenmod nightly and the lag time was unbearable. Went back to stock and experienced issues again. Not sure if it's an issue with tablet or app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good tablet to buy?0