Bluray box cover flag for offline files
How do I get a BluRay box cover to show up for my offline BDs instead of DVD box? I've created dummy .avi files on my movie folder, but they show up with DVD box cover. Appending BluRay (MovieName.BluRay.avi), BD, to the name doesn't work, and neither does using .m2ts or .mkv extension, or putting them all in a folder called "bluray".
DVD / Blu-ray cases are shown based on the video-resolution of the file.
720p or up will get a blu-ray case, everything else a DVD case.

creating a .nfo file (containing at least video resolution info) for your offline movies may work....
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:DVD / Blu-ray cases are shown based on the video-resolution of the file.
720p or up will get a blu-ray case, everything else a DVD case.

creating a .nfo file (containing at least video resolution info) for your offline movies may work....

As there is no fully working media manager available, I'm doing this manually by creating a separate dummy .avi file for each movie. Creating separate .nfo files for hundreds of movies is way too much work - I'd much rather have XBMC's scraper pull all the info.

It would be nice if a future update would read the filename and use a bluray cover for files tagged with bluray.
Eklar Wrote:It would be nice if a future update would read the filename and use a bluray cover for files tagged with bluray.

been there, done that & didn't like it.
checking filenames in xbmc significantly increases cpu usage and slows down the skin.
so i'd like to use those 'tricks' as little as possible.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:been there, done that & didn't like it.
checking filenames in xbmc significantly increases cpu usage and slows down the skin.
so i'd like to use those 'tricks' as little as possible.

Thanks for the info. Even without this feature is is by far my favorite skin, beautifully done, and I'll continue to use it!

OT: really wish there was a good media manager.
I created custom 480p and 1080p "please insert disk" video clips that play when I select an offline DVD or Bluray. That also forces the covers to show up according to media, so it's working nicely.

The only nagging problem I have is that movie length for all movies shows as 0 minutes, since the clip I made is only 23 seconds long. Is there a way to force XBMC/Transparency to use IMDB/MovieDB length instead of video file length?
as far as i know, no.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray box cover flag for offline files0