[iPad] Best skin for XBMC on iPad?
What is you opinion what is a good smooth skin on your iPad?

Just curious about your opinions and maybe i discover some great skins.
I found xTV SAF works really well. Make sure it's the latest version.
What a fantastic skin. Thanks! Runs smooth is light and is also perfectly match on my Apple TV also.

Number one for me. Like minimalistic design. That why i like Apple' design Smile
I must be missing a step when installing xTV SAF. I get it to show up in the skins list, but when I select it, it stays in Confluence.

Oo
thehankstar Wrote:I must be missing a step when installing xTV SAF. I get it to show up in the skins list, but when I select it, it stays in Confluence.

Oo

Yeah, sorry about that. In my post, the way I showed the addons.XML contents was malformed due to some formatting issue caused by using the quote command on this site. I've updated it to remove all the * since they should not be there.
strange, i cant get the skin to show up at all.

I created the addons.xml file in /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons/ and /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata/

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
newmiyamoto Wrote:strange, i cant get the skin to show up at all.

I created the addons.xml file in /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons/ and /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/userdata/

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
You put the skin in the addons folder and the XML file inside the skin folder so it goes like /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons/xTV/addons.xml.
The xml file goes inside the skin folder itself as it's part of the skin and not a generalized file for adding skins.
ah, makes so much sense when you put it like that.

Smile

Thanks
Halopend Wrote:I found xTV SAF works really well. You need to manually create an addon.xml like here, but it takes care of the navigation issues.
Halopend,

While I am a little blown away that you think my skin is so great, I am a little bewildered why you need to include a addon.xml file. My skin has included one since version 0.9.5 see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59576 for the release thread. What version of my skin are you using and where did you get it from?

The instuctions given above will work, but the version number that you have used will probably mean that the next update will not be seen (v1.0.2 due real soon now, ...I hope).

Hopefully I can have a play with my new AppleTV after I have finished squaring away the next release and see how it runs first hand.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
wyrm Wrote:Halopend,

While I am a little blown away that you think my skin is so great, I am a little bewildered why you need to include a addon.xml file. My skin has included one since version 0.9.5 see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59576 for the release thread. What version of my skin are you using and where did you get it from?

The instuctions given above will work, but the version number that you have used will probably mean that the next update will not be seen (v1.0.2 due real soon now, ...I hope).

Hopefully I can have a play with my new AppleTV after I have finished squaring away the next release and see how it runs first hand.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Halopend,

He's right. I initially went to find xTV SAF after seeing your post about editing the addon.xml file for it. When I downloaded the plugin, though, I noticed that it already had the addon.xml file, so I installed it as-is and took a chance.

The newest version seems to work fine as-is with no modification.
wyrm Wrote:Halopend,
I am a little bewildered why you need to include a addon.xml file. My skin has included one since version 0.9.5

I'm not sure which version I have, and truthfully I always thought it was odd there was no addon.XML but the skin had implemented addon support. I think I did a google search to try and find the latest version since I saw the post you just linked to hadn't been updated in 3 months. I must of stumbled upon some odd variant...
Halopend Wrote:I'm not sure which version I have, and truthfully I always thought it was odd there was no addon.XML but the skin had implemented addon support. I think I did a google search to try and find the latest version since I saw the post you just linked to hadn't been updated in 3 months. I must of stumbled upon some odd variant...
Halopend,

Sorry did not see any point in constantly updating the thread unless I had a new release to announce. I'm currently trying to sort out a new feature before releasing a new version some time soon. If you have a version after v0.81 you will see a menu item in the system menu called 'Support', click that to see info on your version of the skin (including release version). If you can't find the 'support' item your skin is probably at least a year old (and buggy as all hell), either update to the one listed in the posted thread or wait for v1.0.2 which is due soon (I hope).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Great job perfect for an iphone, all we need now is gesture control and we are set!

Thanks so much for this amazing skin.
Can someone give me a little help with adding this skin please?

I'm using WinSCP and I've browsed to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons.
Is that the correct place to put the skin folder?
I've tried unzipping the folder and dragging it in, but it won't let me.
I've managed to drag the zipped folder in, but the skin isn't showing up in XBMC?

What am I doing wrong?
OK I got it working. Didn't realise I had to tell xbmc to 'install add-on from zip'.

Using the skin now, but it doesn't seem any better to me than any others. Navigation is still sluggish on the ipad, and I can't work out how to scroll down long lists of files. There doesn't seem to be any scroll bars?

Maybe I'm missing something but PM3 still seems like the best skin for ipad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Best skin for XBMC on iPad?0