Live + Windows7 Shares + Live Sign-In Assistant
vikjon0 Wrote:... or you upgrade the system "normally" with sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
version

OR...

SpIcEz Wrote:Do you have to do both upgrade and install xbmc or only one of the 2, if both, in what order?:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc

...the reply was...

FishOil Wrote:Do that and you're likely screwed.

NEVER upgrade a live install unless you are prepared to deal with multiple screwed up issues.

Thanks Google!
Quote:OR...

You do
update
upgrade

OR

update
install

If you read the thread you see that this was already discussed and theuni recommends the first option and I guess that makes it the official rec.
vikjon0 Wrote:You do
update
upgrade

or...

spencers Wrote:God damn. Wish I had seen this sooner. Just did update and upgrade; and just hosed my install.
Countless hours of configuring.... LOST! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'll remember this from now on. Until then, I'm pissed.

Do you get why someone might ask, seemingly stupid to you, questions?
Woftam Wrote:Do you get why someone might ask, seemingly stupid to you, questions?

As an FYI - I've always done upgrade/update on my XBMC Live installs without any issues.. But I don't have any custom kernel modules/configs. Laugh
Will this fix be on the next Version of XBMC Live ? The XBMC Team have been terrible at fixing this big error....even thou it was Microsoft's fault!!
Unfortunately, looks like there isn't a solution to Karmic users, beside a new installation with Lucid or Maverick Sad

The libsmbclient @ Karmic is 2:3.4.0-3ubuntu5.7, from September/2010.

Cheers.
FireMan Wrote:Unfortunately, looks like there isn't a solution to Karmic users, beside a new installation with Lucid or Maverick Sad

The libsmbclient @ Karmic is 2:3.4.0-3ubuntu5.7, from September/2010.

Cheers.

Finally, an update to Karmic's samba: 2:3.4.0-3ubuntu5.8, from 28/february. But guess what? Does not fix the issue for karmic users. LoL.

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live + Windows7 Shares + Live Sign-In Assistant0