My version of libsmclient is

Code:
2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.[b][color=Red]2[/color][/b]
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Ok...

Please run:
sudo apt-get install -t lucid-proposed libsmbclient libsmbclient-dev smbclient

That should get you updated. You can then re-test.

Thanks,
TheUni
Strike!

Updated the libsmclient to 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.3, rebooted and now I can browse through the share without any issues on 2 machines, one with W7, the other with Windows Vista.
Sony KD-65A1
Great! Thanks for confirming. I'll let the Ubuntu guys know to Stabilize it.

You can remove the -proposed repo.

TheUni
I assume you mean 3.3, btw?
theuni Wrote:Ok...

Please run:
sudo apt-get install -t lucid-proposed libsmbclient libsmbclient-dev smbclient

That should get you updated. You can then re-test.

Thanks,
TheUni

I can confirm that it is updating of libsmbclient that results in the unit being able to access Windows 7 shares w/ Live SIA installed, not samba.

And yes, it's version 3.3, not 3.2.
theuni Wrote:I assume you mean 3.3, btw?

Yes, of course.
Sony KD-65A1
Thanks to everyone who tested. Ubuntu has now committed this and the new package is available as an update.

To anyone still hitting this issue: Update your system, no further steps required.

Thanks,
TheUni
Quote:To anyone still hitting this issue: Update your system, no further steps required.

One small comment. People upgrading their system and "accidently" draging in a new kernel adn thus breaking graphical or other stuff is one of the top 10 support issue for Live I beleive. One solution would be to hold back the kernel another would be to always recommend install <package list> over upgrade. (including sudo apt-get install xbmc for upgrade the app)
That is an old issue, one that was related to users running crazy alsa/wireless upgrade scripts, or bugs caused by manually installed video drivers in Live Camelot.

Neither of these should be a problem anymore. With the advent of DKMS, kernel upgrades are safe. If they're not, it's our bug and it should be addressed as such rather than holding packages back.

TheUni
vikjon0 Wrote:One small comment. People upgrading their system and "accidently" draging in a new kernel adn thus breaking graphical or other stuff is one of the top 10 support issue for Live I beleive. One solution would be to hold back the kernel another would be to always recommend install <package list> over upgrade. (including sudo apt-get install xbmc for upgrade the app)

From my vague memory - last time I ran a 'apt-get upgrade' it listed all the kernel packages as held back. Only a 'dist-upgrade' should upgrade them.
Quote:From my vague memory - last time I ran a 'apt-get upgrade' it listed all the kernel packages as held back. Only a 'dist-upgrade' should upgrade them.
I think it was in 9.11 not 10. Anyway, if standard live can deal with a kernel update then I agree with Theuni. However, everybody recommending a custom install of alsa, remote or graphical needs to put in a disclaimer that it needs to be re-install in case of kernel upgrade.
theuni Wrote:Thanks to everyone who tested. Ubuntu has now committed this and the new package is available as an update.

To anyone still hitting this issue: Update your system, no further steps required.

Thanks,
TheUni

Sorry guys, can I get a noob clarification?

Is the correct way to implement this fix...

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

I see people using 'update' and 'upgrade' (not this thread) when talking about the same process, but as I understand it they are different. I would think that you 'update' a current version (v10 --> v10.1) and 'upgrade' (v10 --> v11) to a new version.

Thanks
Is it possible to only update the kernel?
I don't want to update alsa, lirc etc.
Quote:Is it possible to only update the kernel?
I don't want to update alsa, lirc etc.

Kernel? Either you apply the fix package by package as described earlier in the thread or you upgrade the system "normally" with sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

BTW, for you that don't have access to google:
Update = refresh the apt package list, necessary on new systems or when a repository have been added.
upgrade = apply available updates to already installed packages
install = install a list of packages/ if already installed upgrade to latest version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live + Windows7 Shares + Live Sign-In Assistant0