ATV2 - XBMC Crashes with large .mkv files
akevit Wrote:Was I too late?

Code:
05/09/2011 22:40:30.588 Caching shsh files...
05/09/2011 22:40:30.602 Found [0] shsh files to cache...
05/09/2011 22:40:30.607 Cached [0] shsh files
05/09/2011 22:40:30.615 You are using the current version of TinyUmbrella.
05/09/2011 22:40:30.621 Loaded History...
05/09/2011 22:40:30.678 Device connected: Apple TV
05/09/2011 22:40:30.699 Loaded History...
05/09/2011 22:40:49.175 Started saving SHSHs for [Apple TV]

05/09/2011 22:41:00.385 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR AppleTV 4.2.1 (8C154) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.
05/09/2011 22:41:00.930 This device isn't eligible for the requested build.  

05/09/2011 22:41:02.558 Finished saving SHSHs for [Apple TV]
05/09/2011 22:41:02.602 Caching shsh files...
05/09/2011 22:41:02.613 Found [0] shsh files to cache...
05/09/2011 22:41:02.624 Cached [0] shsh files

Looks like you were too late. I'd download the latest Tiny Umbrella and try the "Save SHSH" button again just to make sure. The only one you really care about is 4.2.1...

If you can't downgrade then make sure you have the latest firmware and latest XBMC nightly build.
Yeah I just downloaded TU to do this, so it's the latest version. Well I'm running the latest Nightly as of yesterday and it works fine so far, so I guess I will just be happy with that. I never had the opportunity to get the SHSH blob for 4.2.1 since I didn't read about TU until after I updated and jailbroke the latest iOS.

Hopefully no big deal...
akevit Wrote:........ Well I'm running the latest Nightly as of yesterday and it works fine so far, so I guess I will just be happy with that. I never had the opportunity to get the SHSH blob for 4.2.1 since I didn't read about TU until after I updated and jailbroke the latest iOS.

Hopefully no big deal...
Hi Akevit , Are you running v4.3 or 4.3 v2? I made the same mistake of not getting the 4.2.1 blobs and jailbroke on 4.3 (latest) only to discover the grief with the mkv files.

Just waiting for xbmc to get develop further for 4.3.
akevit Wrote:Yeah I just downloaded TU to do this, so it's the latest version. Well I'm running the latest Nightly as of yesterday and it works fine so far, so I guess I will just be happy with that. I never had the opportunity to get the SHSH blob for 4.2.1 since I didn't read about TU until after I updated and jailbroke the latest iOS.

Hopefully no big deal...

You should be fine with the nightlies, most people are (I'm on iOS 4.3 with ATV2 4.2.1), but ya there's a few ongoing issues if you get into some more sophisticated audio/video requirements.

Personally I just download .avi standard def video to my MBP (on WiFi) and play it on the atv2 (on ethernet) to a Dell monitor and a set of Altec 2.1 speakers... works fine. No scraping, no AC3, little to no HD video.
mankey Wrote:Hi Akevit , Are you running v4.3 or 4.3 v2? I made the same mistake of not getting the 4.2.1 blobs and jailbroke on 4.3 (latest) only to discover the grief with the mkv files.

Just waiting for xbmc to get develop further for 4.3.

I'm using whatever the latest is, so I guess 4.3 v2? I basically bought it from Best Buy, took it home and did jailbreak with Seas0nPass, and then installed XBMC.

I'd recommended following the instructions to backup your current XBMC install and try out a nightly if you are wanting to play MKV HD videos, they're working fine for me. I'm currently running sound through HDMI to my TV, but I just ordered a digital audio cable to see if I can get it going through my stereo. I'm pretty sure there's a few issues with digital audio so I'm not holding my breath, but I might as well try it out.
akevit Wrote:I'd recommended following the instructions to backup your current XBMC install and try out a nightly if you are wanting to play MKV HD videos, they're working fine for me. I'm currently running sound through HDMI to my TV, but I just ordered a digital audio cable to see if I can get it going through my stereo. I'm pretty sure there's a few issues with digital audio so I'm not holding my breath, but I might as well try it out.

That's good to know. Your connection sounds pretty much the same as mine so I'll install a nightly and see how it goes. Cheers
Just to let you all know, I'm having this problem with iOS 4.2.1. Subtitles are disabled and updates are disabled. I was not able to play .mkv or .mp4 until I upgraded to the newest nightly build but then it only plays for 10 minutes or so, then it falls back to apple tv menu.
hosti Wrote:Just to let you all know, I'm having this problem with iOS 4.2.1. Subtitles are disabled and updates are disabled. I was not able to play .mkv or .mp4 until I upgraded to the newest nightly build but then it only plays for 10 minutes or so, then it falls back to apple tv menu.

Have you added updatebegone as well?
In my case the built-in subtitles caused the problem, if I download a separate subtitle for that mkv... it stops crashing...
Captain Wrote:In my case the built-in subtitles caused the problem, if I download a separate subtitle for that mkv... it stops crashing...
Good to know. I'm having a different problem now. I can't seem to JB with Seas0nPass any more with v4.2.1. I've done it several times already and I write the new custom .ipsw but can't get it to update the ATV2. Never gets beyond the 'Preparing Apple TV' stage. Will keep trying.
Just an update: I'm still running the same nightly build and am able to run audio via my Digital Audio Cable. So pretty much everything is working the way I want it to.

To those having trouble: I'm not sure about 4.2.1 but I just used Seas0nPass to jailbreak the latest firmware and am not having any issues. I would imagine you might run into problems if you are trying out the latest XBMC nightlies on an earlier ATV2 firmware as I'm sure they are focusing their updates on the present jailbreak. But that's just a guess.
akevit Wrote:......... So pretty much everything is working the way I want it to.

To those having trouble: I'm not sure about 4.2.1 but I just used Seas0nPass to jailbreak the latest firmware and am not having any issues. I would imagine you might run into problems if you are trying out the latest XBMC nightlies on an earlier ATV2 firmware as I'm sure they are focusing their updates on the present jailbreak. But that's just a guess.

That's good to know. I don't have the blobs for previous firmware (I got in to this stuff AFTER I realised the significance) so decided to use Seas0npass to JB with the latest firmware as well.

I haven't used the nightlies before, so I assume you install the main product first and then update using the latest nightly?
mankey Wrote:That's good to know. I don't have the blobs for previous firmware (I got in to this stuff AFTER I realised the significance) so decided to use Seas0npass to JB with the latest firmware as well.

I haven't used the nightlies before, so I assume you install the main product first and then update using the latest nightly?

Yeah I installed XBMC first using its instructions, then followed another guide to backup that installation and install a nightly. I posted a link to the directions I followed when I did it in an earlier post: http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=71278. There might be better instructions out there though.
Thanks for those links, I've just used them to move on and I've now made some progress myself & installed the latest firmware 4.3 (4.22). Went ahead to install XBMC & updated with the nightly.

Everything seems to work ok so far, including playing mkv's so far Big Grin but cannot work out yet how to install extra add-ons such as updatebegone. With NitoTV there was an option to do this. Will search some more.

Cheers
I can't remember what I did but I did a command line install for updatebegone, it *might* have been this guide: http://www.sinfuliphone.com/archive/inde...71252.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 - XBMC Crashes with large .mkv files0