Suggestions etc...
mediumdry Wrote:2 suggestions, questions...

1- Could you add the thumb in rightlistview for TV shows? It's there for movies, it's there for series if you have multiple seasons, but not in the screen where it's just the showlist. A bit inconsistent, and I'd very much like to have the option to switch it on.

2- In the "last added" mini screen on the home page for tv shows and movies, it now has a screenshot from the video file for both. For tv shows, this is fine. For movies, I'd like the movie poster, the thumb file, as it makes it easier to see what film it is, it is more related to the movie for me, in my graphical memory, on account of the dvd boxes and all..

thanks for a great skin though.

MD
For 1
In my Mod i put a Banner in the Position you want,Poster will follow,maybe it serves for you.
Look in the Mod Section Page 6.
Not sure if its been mentioned but how about having posters for tv shows in right list view like you do when browsing seasons would be cool f they were visible while browsing show.
I have just used the Cirrus skin for some days, and it's really excellent. Here are my suggestions for future fixes:

- Get rid of all "leftovers" of the Confluence font (it pops up different places)
- I would like to see a "slim" Right list menu in music lib (where it hides the artist/track time for elements not selected).
- I think the CD cover in Right list music view is a tad too big - should be around the same size as when you press info while playing (about 2/3 size).
- There are some issues with the home screen with weather and time overlapping with other elements sometimes - this could be fixed so there are no unwanted overlaps.
- In movies, it always displays min. (minutes) in the bottom, even if there is no movie selected, should be cleared.
- You should implement a function to change the TV logo directly from the skin, since it supports logos.
- The TV logo is not displayed when you browse the episodes - now there are just a pic of a TV - is this planned to be replaced with TV logos?
- When displaying info for a video that has no thumb (for instance from plugin), the icon is a camera (which seems to be square), but the frame is poster sized, so it is stretched. I think the frame should just be square, would look better.

These are just a bunch of suggestions off the top of my head, hope to see them implemented sometime, and thanks for a great skin! Smile

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
if you look in the mods section there you find different mods,and some of your suggestions are already fixed.
Dear Crookas,
The skin is pretty lightweight and good looking.
There are few suggestions, which I hope u might find good:-
1. Please don't include the Studio Logos in the textures.xbt., just like Backrow skin has done. Keeping the studio folder separate would help users in adding /modifying the studio icons as and when needed..
2. The Alaska skin , on pressing "i" on the banner view , places all the necessary info in detail. Hope to see that being implemented in future.
Hope to get your view.

Alaska banner view on pressing "I":-
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Malexx, it seems you are about to unveil one big mod with lots of changes. I think I'll wait for that, and if you can take some of my ideas not already implemented that are easily fixed, then it would of course be even more awesome! Keep it up guys... Big Grin

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
hi,
butchabay and me want to give it a go,to make one big mod including all the best stuff for cirrus.

Butchabay is working to finish his mod,and iam about to finish mine.
After we will start on the big one.

Will take some time but in meantime you can use the existing mods.
Also there will be some updates available these days.
I noticed the lack of ability to switch places in the weather page. I have 3 cities that I actually want to know the weather for, and I cannot get to them. There is no way to actually change the location with my Apple TV and Apple Remote.

I wish I could just press right, left, up or down and scroll through the 3 locations I have set, instead of going into a side menu and choosing another location, which is how a lot of skins do it.

So my suggestion is to allow an easy way to cycle through the different locations, or, even better, find a way to combine multiple cities in one screen.

MD

and as a bonus suggestion, make a "small screen" option, for people with screens smaller than 40" where the plot text (and some other bits) have bigger fonts.
dear crookas,

congratulations on what is surely, the best performing skin, outside of Confluence.

it's beautiful, snappy, intuitive and responsive.

i'd like to make a constructive suggestion -

stay focused on the skin! - i know it's easy to get distracted by requests and things, but that's usually how things slip. keep it tight, keep it sharp, keep it focussed. concentrate on the fundamentals - if you get those right (and you are) then everything else will follow.

i would love to see this skin take a modular approach to development -

that is to say, that the skin accommodates, rather than incorporates every request or suggestion.

i would like to be able to add to or change things,
without having to replace the core-skin (i.e. the brilliant code that you have written). That's where I could browse the forums for an extension, or change.

Kind of like Firefox - I don't want to download a whole new version, I just want to change certain parts.

I'd like to make one request though, (maybe someone could write it as a module) - i've tried myself and I've gotten halfway, but not quite there yet! - Music wall by genre.

I've done some nice genre icons, but gave up after about 20 when I couldn't find a skin that lets me display them as a wall. It couldn't be too hard could it?

jt.
Please add the movie synopsis in the OSD , just like Transparency shows in its OSD.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions etc...0