[LIVE] Getting Antec Fusion case volume knob working
Anyone else running XBMC Live in a Antec Fusion case? I simply don't know how to get the volume knob on the chassi to work! If anyone can share their knowledge with me, please do Smile
Hi

I have a Zalman HD160 case with imon frontpanel too. It's almost the same as the Antec one with more buttons.

If you use lirc irrecord you can config those knob&buttons easily.

Here are mine but i use imon with mce compatibility mode and not the original remote, but the front panel seems to have the same code on booth usage.

Here are the lirc code recorded with irrecord for the knob. It's supposed to be mixed with mce ir code ( I've removed them )

Code:
name  zalman_imon_mce
  bits           64
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  gap          103997
  min_repeat      1
  suppress_repeat 3
  toggle_bit_mask 0x0
  ignore_mask 0x0000800000000fff

FRONT_VOL+               0x00010000000002EE
          FRONT_VOL-               0x01000000000002EE
          FRONT_MCE                0x000000000F0002EE
          FRONT_CLOSE              0x000000002B0002EE
          FRONT_START              0x000000002C0002EE
          FRONT_MENU               0x000000002D0002EE
          FRONT_BACK               0x00000000170002EE
          FRONT_UP                 0x00000000120002EE
          FRONT_DOWN               0x00000000130002EE
          FRONT_LEFT               0x00000000140002EE
          FRONT_RIGHT              0x00000000150002EE
          FRONT_ENTER              0x00000000160002EE

And then you need to setup an Lircmap.xml in your xbmc userdata folder to use them on xbmc:

Quote:<lircmap>
<remote device="zalman_imon_mce">
<volumeplus>FRONT_VOL+</volumeplus>
<volumeminus>FRONT_VOL-</volumeminus>
</remote>
</lircmap>
Ok, so the case volume knob also uses Lirc? I would never have guessed that Smile thank you so much for the quick reply! I will try this out as soon as I get home!
There was lot of improvment on svn lirc branch for imon_lcd module.

Perhaps you will have to update it on your live install, I don't know what version is used on it.
Thank you! That worked splendidly! I added these lines to /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml:
Code:
<remote device="Antec_Veris_Premiere">
  <volumeplus>KEY_VOLUMEUP</volumeplus>
  <volumeminus>KEY_VOLUMEDOWN</volumeminus>
</remote>

And then it all worked perfectly!
Thanks!
Hey guys,

I have the same Antec Fusion Black with the LCD, and had it working wonderfully on Karmic (Mythbuntu) with XBMC as my main frontend.
But my main drive crashed horribly a couple days ago after ripping a DVD.
So I decided just to rebuild it on Maverick, and it too works great oo-the box.

However one thing I had configured on my last box was to remove the front knob control from the XBMC config so I it would control my alsa/pulseaudio mixer volume (ie: master gain for the whole system).

I discovered right away the new lirc setup. but I cant seem to separate out the knob from controlling xbmc, and over to my pulseaudio.

My Mythbuntu install comes default with a slightly different setup: /etc/lirc/lircd.conf points to my remote definitions in /usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon/lircd/lircd.conf.imon-antec-veris

In that file it includes 3 remotes: RM100/RM200/Premiere

Here is the odd thing. The only XBMC lircmap for the remotes that I can find is Lircmap.xml in /usr/share/xbmc/system. That file references (among others) the iMON-PAD and RM200 NOT the RM100 or Premiere.

I would try to hash out the bit code from the remote but the other odd thing is irw returns no values from my RM200 or knob. Wierd since they control XBMC just fine.

Any ideas what else i can look at.
In case this was confusing

elscotty Wrote:However one thing I had configured on my last box was to remove the front knob control from the XBMC config so I it would control my alsa/pulseaudio mixer volume (ie: master gain for the whole system).

I discovered right away the new lirc setup. but I cant seem to separate out the knob from controlling xbmc, and over to my pulseaudio.

By creating a new remote file (pulseaudio) in my ~/.lirc/ and creating an include to it in my ~/.lircrc file.
still buggin' me after a day, opened a new post

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Getting Antec Fusion case volume knob working0