How to restart an addon (script) and other questions.
Hi,

Is it possible to restart an addon (script)? Is there any function to do this?
Also, in the addon I'm developing, I have a language folder in resources/ but all the Window XML files in resources/skins/default/720p that have string Ids in labels or buttons do not get correctly updated. I mean, all the label and buttons text that is defined through a string id in the window xml files do not get any text. If I do it through code (using getLocalizedString) then it works.
Another question: I want to use my own fonts in my addon. I added the fonts in resources/skins/default/fonts and added a Font.xml in resources/skins/default/720p. However, the Font.xml is not read and my fonts then are not available... Is it possible to do this any other way?

I'm using Dharma.

Thanks
Your Labels need to be formed like this.

Code:
<label>$ADDON[script.cdartmanager 32074]</label>

Also Fonts are so far stuck to what the skin supplies... This does need to be fixed, there is a Trac Issue about this, you could add your thoughts to help it along for the next version of xbmc...
Hi, thanks!
Your solution for the labels worked!
However, I have another question related to this. I have a list and I have defined some static content with the <content> tag. Each item has a image and a label defined in the <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> tags. The label in <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout> is defined as $INFO[ListItem.Label]. However, the labels don't show up unless I put a <onclick> tag in each item inside the <content> tag. I don't want to have an <onclick> tag because I want the onlick event to get caught by the onClick() handler in my code.

What about restarting an addon (script)? Is it possible?

Thanks
You have to have an <onclick> handler for static content - that's the whole point - it's content defined purely by the skin. I'm not sure whether the standard click message is sent to the window or not - you could try just by having an <onclick> that doesn't do anything interesting.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to restart an addon (script) and other questions.0