XBMC window resize after input change
Like the title says when using xbmc on my htpc everything is fine but once I switch inputs on my tv/receiver to my Tivo, wii, etc and come back to my htpc xbmc has reduced in size to be around a quarter of the fullscreen size. If I restart xbmc it comes back up fullscreen but it is annoying especially if I was in the middle of a movie.

My setup:
Windows 7 ultimate 64
ATI 4550
Onkyo receiver (all video inputs connected here)
Panasonic Tv (input generally stays on hdmi 1)

Any help would be appreciated.
no replies yet but can anyone comment if they have the same issue? If you have a similar setup and things are working fine I would like to hear that too.
I'm not sure if this is similar, but I just upgraded my video drivers (ATI Mobility 4200) and tweaked the settings to output 1080p (1920x1080), and I noticed something similar. My HTPC was running at 1366x768 resolution when I opened XBMC, and then I went to the settings inside, and upped the res to 1920x1080. Once there, I noticed my videos were getting a lot of artifacting, so I decided to change the resolution back. I guess the video card held onto the resolution, because now, the resolution in XBMC was 1366x768, but it appeared with black bars surrounding it. I had to physically go out to Windows, reset the resolution, and return. Interestingly enough, my TV recognized the input now as 1920x1080 for some reason, and automatically set it's resolution to this - resulting in the same black bars again. I rebooted, made sure the ATI settings were 1366x768, and XBMC functioned fine afterward.

To that end, while I'm not sure what your issue might be, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the technology, rather than the XBMC program itself. My video card and TV seemed to conspire against me, in my example.
thanks for the feedback. My resolution is set to 1920x1080 but I guess I didnt describe what happens with my problem well. When I switch back to the htpc I dont have black bars or anything its just that xbmc doesnt take up the whole screen. I can see my windows desktop background and xbmc is running in the upper left corner about 1/4 to 2/3 the size of the fullscreen. I'm thinking the computers resolution must change when the input switches as maybe it sees the hdmi as disconnected. Then xbmc scales the screen size down but when I switch back windows scales back up but xbmc doesnt. I'll try to get a picture if you guys think it will help. Also fyi I have this same problem with boxee.
got it fixed

went to video settings and change fullscreen type from windowed to true fullscreen

problem solved
I had a similar problem, and I think this fixed it. Thanks.
Hi
I'd like to resurrect this thread because I'm having the same issue.
I'd prefer not to have to use True Fullscreen because this causes issues with Emulator plugins like Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser.

Any alternative fixes??
thanks
mattchapman Wrote:Hi
I'd like to resurrect this thread because I'm having the same issue.
I'd prefer not to have to use True Fullscreen because this causes issues with Emulator plugins like Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser.

Any alternative fixes??
thanks

I was having similar issues with an ATI card with an HDMI connection, when I would turn off the tv, or change inputs. My issue was due to HDMI handshake issues when i would come back to my HTPC input. My fix was to stop and disable the AMD external events service. Seems like i had to reboot before it recognized i disabled it however.
trdmlc Wrote:I was having similar issues with an ATI card with an HDMI connection, when I would turn off the tv, or change inputs. My issue was due to HDMI handshake issues when i would come back to my HTPC input. My fix was to stop and disable the AMD external events service. Seems like i had to reboot before it recognized i disabled it however.

Wow....I tried this and it seems to work!
Have you noticed any other issues with turning that thing off? I have no idea what it's supposed to do.
trdmlc Wrote:I was having similar issues with an ATI card with an HDMI connection, when I would turn off the tv, or change inputs. My issue was due to HDMI handshake issues when i would come back to my HTPC input. My fix was to stop and disable the AMD external events service. Seems like i had to reboot before it recognized i disabled it however.
some people installed an hdmi/hdcp compliant switch between the receiver and hdtv to fix the handshake issue. this $9 switch might do the trick- Mediabridge - 3 Port Mini Smart HDMI Switch.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
mattchapman Wrote:Wow....I tried this and it seems to work!
Have you noticed any other issues with turning that thing off? I have no idea what it's supposed to do.

Haven't noticed any other problems since disabling. I think it may just be used for power settings, since it detects when the monitor is on/off. Maybe if you use dual screens it may have some sort of detection for that as well, but just a guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC window resize after input change0