Weird Playback problem...
So I am hoping maybe someone here can help me out or lead me in a direction towards a solution. I recently upgraded to XMBC 10.0 (about a month and a half now) before 10.0 I was using 9.11 with out any problems what so ever. So here is what is going on...

About 4 months ago I ripped my entire DVD collection of movies (250+) so I could finish building my media server. I also have a huge BluRay movie collection that was ripped as well. When I was on 9.11 everything worked flawless, all the movies played back with no problems whatsoever...I then decided to upgrade to Dahrma and I thought everything was cool, I got my server up and running. I got my skins all setup...I pretty much dialed in the whole system with all the TVs int he house and everything.

The problem I am having is that none of my "DVD" rips play back normally like there were in 9.11, I get choppy play black and the audio is out of sync. All the "bluray" moves work flawless with no problems at all. If I play the "DVD" files in stand alone players like Media Player, VLC, or KMPlayer they all play just fine with no problems...it just seems like XMBC 10.0 will not play any of my DVD Rips without losing sync. I am not sure how to fix this...I've contemplated going back to 9.11 just because when I have guest over and they want to watch a movie which happens to be a DVD rip I have to shut down XBMC and launch the movie in a stand alone player...which defeats the purpose of XBMC.

So anyway I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me...I appreciate any help I can get!
Please read: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
A debug log is needed to help you further (don't forget to turn on debug logging).
Here is the log...

http://www.SiRMarlon.com/xbmc.pdf
I basically had the same issue.

Turned out that i had an extra sound device in device manager.

Disabled it, and instantly Dharma worked for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Playback problem...0