TV Banners squashed
When I first installed the remote and got it working, everything was fine. I went to the TV Shows section and it downloaded the banners. They looked great. Then I started navigating through the remote, checking out other areas, generally playing around. After a while I went back to the TV Shows section and all the banners were squished to the left side of the screen, about the size of the thumbnails in the movie section. I tried changing various settings, nothing seems to work. In fact, when I navigate to the TV Shows section, the banners are full for a fraction of a second, then you can see the show information flash in each banner area, and the banners are then resized to thumbnails on the left of the screen with the right side of the screen being black. It is like it wants to mimic the layout of the Movies section, but without the information and with squished banners in the thumbnail section.

Other than that, this remote is working just dandy. I love it.

Any advice? I'm on a G2.
Interesting. Got a screenshot?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I have the same problem. Only it doesn't happen on all the TV Shows in the list. Only 2/12. It's allways the same ones. Would also be great to have landscape mode in this section.
freezy Wrote:Interesting. Got a screenshot?

Last night I did a refresh of my library (not through the remote) and when I started the remote on my phone, the banners loaded properly. I had also put the TV Shows section on XBMC itself into the wide icon mode (which I had never done previously). Not sure if the two are related, but I spent a few minutes trying to replicate the problem (switching between viewing modes, listings, etc) and it wouldn't do it. A good thing, I guess. Don't know what was going on there.

Also, I'd love to know how to do screenshots on the G2. If you know a way that doesn't involve having to install a bunch of software on my computer (the only way I've read) I'd really like to know.

At any rate, thanks for an awesome Android app!!!
I had this happen while setting up XBMC remote on my new NookColor. My solution was delete the cache and re-download the images. Works fine after that.
Sorry to necro this thread, but has anyone found a definitive fix for this problem? I'm running v0.8.4-beta1+ revision 717 (the for tablets build on the downloads page) and can't seem to get all of my banners to display properly. 70% or so of them are showing up squahsed in the upper left side, just like described in this thread.

I've re-scanned library and even uninstalled XBMC remote from my tablet and reinstalled. No dice. Interesting to note, the first time I installed XBMC this build was displaying banners just fine. It wasn't until I reinstalled XBMC on my HTPC that I started seeing this. Just need to track down the setting in XBMC itself that's causing it...
Exact same thing happened to me. first two tv show banners smashed down and wouldent unsmash. to fix it i cleared my cache and redownloaded the covers and they work fine now.

Droid X 2.3.3 - xbmc remote v0.8.6-beta1 Rev 768

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Banners squashed0