• 25(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
Thanks again pecinko, will check out Amber.
Its the ability to change menu items that I love about Aeon 4, not necessarily the styling (color, background, font change, etc.).
Also like the showcase view.

If helper addon problem not skin related, do you think it might be to do with network or plexbmc settings?
I don't know where to start troubleshooting.
Do you have it working on your machine?
(2013-06-27, 02:15)Evans Wrote: Thanks again pecinko, will check out Amber.
Its the ability to change menu items that I love about Aeon 4, not necessarily the styling (color, background, font change, etc.).
Also like the showcase view.

In that case Amber might get the work done with added bonus of automatically showing PMS sections in main menu.

Quote:If helper addon problem not skin related, do you think it might be to do with network or plexbmc settings?
I don't know where to start troubleshooting.
Do you have it working on your machine?

I don't use it myself, I prefer standard Apple remote and Airplay.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

Your addon works amazingly good!
Also a big thank you to pecinko for integrating this add on in Amber!
XBMC Main HTPC:
Asrock ION 330 running Openelec 3

XBMC 2:
XBMC Frodo running on OSX 10.8 (Core i7, Hackintosh)

XBMC 3:
XBMC Frodo running on OSX 10.8 (2011 iMac)

Server and TVHeadend backend: Ubuntu 12.04
Firstly - GREAT plugin and a job well done to HippoJay and other contributors. Begin in software development (boring LOB stuff mostly) I know the countless (and mostly thankless) hours invested into such a program.

Unfortunately I am running into an error when trying to stream only some of my files from my windows Plex Server V0.9.7.28. I'm using V3.2.2 of your plugin (which as far as I can tell is the latest at the time of writing this) running on OpenElec V3.0.6 stable. I've even tried OpenElec 3.1.0, but gives the same error.

The message from the logs simply read: "HTTP response error: 400 Bad Request", but strangely other files play perfectly. Even files with the same codecs, file sizes, resolutions etc. My android and PC plex clients seem to be able to play the file, which leads me think my server is OK.

I have 2 AMD Fusion based PCs running openelec on 2 TVs and they both do the same thing on the same files.

Here is the log section when selecting the file to play: My PlexBMC log

Please help... it's driving my wife and kids nuts... I keep on having to revert to XMBC file sources to play 50% of my content
Again.. great work though!
Don't know what the problem might be but there's a option to add smb share location in this script.

That means XBMC will play it directly and subtitles downloader script can save fetched subs. I think it will solve your problem - that's what I'm using.
(2013-07-12, 13:41)pecinko Wrote: but there's a option to add smb share location in this script

Thanks, could you elaborate on where this script is? Or are u referring to the settings in the UI?
(2013-07-12, 16:01)wim77 Wrote: Thanks, could you elaborate on where this script is? Or are u referring to the settings in the UI?

Sorry, yes, take a look at PleXBMC setting and add your SMB/AFP shares.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-01, 14:42)hippojay Wrote: It's been a long time since I put out a release - but that's mainly because i've been testing the data caching - which is a rather large change.

PleXBMC 3.2.2

Updates:
  • ADD: server and section caching to speed up home menu population (can be turned off in settings)
  • ADD: Play music via remote
  • FIX: Handle mobile PMS better
  • ADD: "Play transcoded" from context menu
  • ADD: resume from shelf items
  • FIX: subtitile display issue
  • ADD: Support for Amber skin
  • FIX: increase discover timeout (for mobile PMS and slow links like home plugs)
  • FIX: XBMC subtitle loader fix

https://repository-plexbmc-addons.google...-3.2.2.zip

PleXBMC Helper 3.1.4

Updates:
  • FIX: increase discovery timeout for slower links

https://repository-plexbmc-addons.google...-3.1.4.zip

Manual Installs only at the moment, will push out after they have been proved to be stable for all.

(2013-04-26, 22:42)King-Tech Wrote: Om I am using my windows 7 system with XBMc 12 fido. I got plexmbmc install but all I get is script failed. Can some please help me to get this to work Please!!?!?!?!?!?!

i'll need to see the xbmc.log file to work out what the issue is,

EDIT: updated links to 3.2.2 to fix subtitle loader issue

How do I make or get a proper log file about so I can send to you ro someone to work on my plexbmc errors to get this addon working,PLEASE
Lightbulb 
(2013-07-12, 22:28)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 16:01)wim77 Wrote: Thanks, could you elaborate on where this script is? Or are u referring to the settings in the UI?

Sorry, yes, take a look at PleXBMC setting and add your SMB/AFP shares.

@pecinko - thank you for all the help, but I still could not get it to work, even when supplying SMB settings... BUT I think I'm on to something. After playing around a LOT more, pulling out all my hair, I finally figured out that the videos will not play if I've browsed via a "Season [x]" menu item.

The same video will play if I browsed to via "Section->Unwatched->Show Name->All Episodes->Episode1", but NOT if I went "Section->Unwatched->Show Name->Season 1->Episode1".

Could you please investigate? At least now I can use Plex again!
Smile 
After even some more investigation I've found that I can watch the same episode if I selected "All Seaons" instead of "Season [x]", which led me to look at the URLs that you are calling and noticed the following two calls:

http://192.168.1.1:32400/library/metadat...8533058729
http://192.168.1.1:32400/library/metadat...2337978375

The first one succeeds and second one fails. The first one was when I selected the "All Episodes" and the second one was called when I browsed through a "Season 12" menu item. My guess is then somewhere in your script you generate the incorrect URL if a Season was selected.
hippojay, apologies if you've already been made aware of this but it seems the context menu for sections doesn't provide the "Add to Favourites" option (using Frodo/12.2 and PleXBMC 3.1.4). The option is given for the filters/section sub-menus (e.g. All Movies, Unwatched, etc.).
I'm trying to add the sections as shortcuts to the XBMC home screen but not being able to add them to favourites I can only add the filtered sub-menus.

I'd love to know if anyone has found a workaround or if it's something that would need to be fixed in a future release.

After a few years away I was stoked to see you're still continuing this project - I've always appreciated your efforts... thanks!

UPDATE: So I dug around in the favourites.xml and saw that I can just reference the section directly by simply removing the filter option from the URL... I just had to add each section to the favourites manually but it works perfectly for anyone wanting to do the same (although it would be nice to have the option exist in the context menu still).
Hmmm... anyone else having issues viewing images with PleXBMC?

Loading the "Recently Added" filter for a photo section, the thumbnails all load perfectly but when attempting to view one all I get to see is the loading icon briefly and nothing else... I'm able to keep navigating through the thumbnails so it's not frozen but I just won't allow me to view any photos?

This is the log file from XBMC;

01:05:33 T:4376 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
01:05:41 T:10736 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
01:05:42 T:9136 ERROR: dll_fgets emulated function failed
01:05:42 T:5868 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
01:05:47 T:9136 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 21 times.
01:05:47 T:9136 ERROR: dll_fgets emulated function failed
01:05:47 T:9276 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
01:05:47 T:9276 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
01:06:13 T:10520 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 16 times.
01:06:13 T:10520 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: <URL REMOVED>
01:06:13 T:10520 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:06:13 T:2864 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
01:06:13 T:2864 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
01:06:14 T:2864 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
01:06:15 T:2864 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for <URL REMOVED>
01:06:15 T:2864 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
01:06:15 T:2864 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
01:06:15 T:2864 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
01:06:15 T:10520 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [<URL REMOVED>]
01:06:15 T:12080 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
01:06:15 T:10520 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
01:06:15 T:10520 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:06:15 T:10520 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
01:06:15 T:10520 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
01:06:15 T:10520 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
01:06:15 T:10520 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:06:15 T:10520 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
01:06:15 T:10520 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

I've replaced the Plex URL with <URL REMOVED>... I tested the URL in a browser and the photo loads just fine so it's not a Plex or server issue.
Don't know if this will fix your problems but I would try with newest version (3.2.2) of PleXBMC

https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video.../frodo.zip

BTW, Latest version is needed for filter shortcuts to work on home page in Amber.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Smile 
Okay... now you guys have me learning Python, which is a lot of fun I must admit. I've narrowed my issue to line 1685 (ish) in function TVEpisodes() where the random number gets appended. The script always appends ?t=number, but in certain cases the XML returns a path already containing a parameter, thus the random number should be appended with "&t=number".

This is literally my first python code modification, but I've done the following (very ungraceful change):

Modified line: http://%s%s?t=%s" % (server, extraData['key'], randomNumber)

Into:

u="http://%s%s" % (server, extraData['key'])
if '?' in u:
u=u+"&t=%s" % (randomNumber)
else:
u=u+"?t=%s" % (randomNumber)

I'm convinced there would be nicer and shorter ways to write the above

Could you confirm if I'm on the right track here?
(2013-07-18, 10:09)wim77 Wrote: Okay... now you guys have me learning Python, which is a lot of fun I must admit. I've narrowed my issue to line 1685 (ish) in function TVEpisodes() where the random number gets appended. The script always appends ?t=number, but in certain cases the XML returns a path already containing a parameter, thus the random number should be appended with "&t=number".

Could you confirm if I'm on the right track here?

Unfortunately I don't speak python Sad I go check if I get the same problem as you. What skin are you using?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3