• 19(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
(2013-02-09, 11:45)zebmoon Wrote: have now moved to a osx server and once again everything works perfectly externally with ever other client i test but with the addin i get the same problem, can get the root folders then 'working' then nothing it just keeps showing the root folders, please help, im thinking its a timeout issue, as if i use the pi at work on the lan and refer to the external address of the server it works but as soon as i try it externally nothing the same error is given, help please

Yes, there is an issue with later version of the plex server and the plexbmc plugin. It's surrounds the way that plexbmc plus out the section information and the way that plex has started to record network information.

I have an update that is being tested which will fix this - it's taking slightly longer than usual as it meant re-writing a large part of the discovery code.
Add-on:PleXBMC (wiki) - Play Plex media through XBMC
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
PleXBMC Repository - install and manage all PleXBMC addons
Quartz3 PleXBMC - Integrate PleXBMC into home menus
PleXBMC 3.1.1 BETA

Only apply if the current stable plexbmc (3.0.7) doesn't work for you, or if you ae happy with me breaking your set-up ;-)
This version will not go live in the repository - it is a manual install only. However, it will still auto-update to any future version after this one, so will not break compatibility

This is a BETA because there are some large changes to the way that plexbmc discovers and gathers server information. There are also other fixes added in and a change to subtitles:

http://repository-plexbmc-addons.googlec...-3.1.1.zip
  • ADD: Changed discovery protocol to GDM
  • DEL: Bonjour no longer supported (it was far too difficult to maintain in the new discovery process)
  • ADD: No longer use system library, but talk to each server for library
  • ADD: selectable On Deck or Recenty added shelf
  • FIX: Subtitles changed to allow selection of multiple externals
  • ADD: Internal support for banners (needs skin support)
  • FIX: Correctly transcode DTS only, not video
  • FIX: Fix enforce skin views
  • FIX: Refresh home page if settings are changed
  • FIX: Some other stuff fixed too

known issues:
  • Not fully tested on remote connections yet - I'm expecting a few missing tokens and some issues with master servers - however myplex should work.

EDIT: Changed link to 3.1.1 which I withdrew because of a bug
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
Thanks will give it a go and get back to you
New user trying to migrate from Plex to plexbmc. I've got everything working well but I have one (hopefully easy) question.

I have one server locally and 4 friends have shared their servers with me. When I launch plexbmc I now have five selections called 'Movies' and five selections called 'TV Shows'.

Is there a way to remove those selections but still allow browsing remote servers? Alternatively can I locally rename them individually without asking my friends to rename their sections?
While I would still prefer an XBMC server/client approach, I am tempted to give this another try.

When I tried the Plexserver for Windows last time, it was a huge mess though to properly scan my perfectly organized library (<movie>.ext, <movie>.nfo, <movie>-fanart.jpg, <movie>.tbn, <movie>-trailer.ext).

I even downloaded a Plexserver plug-in to do that, but still did not properly catch all the information.

Is that just not feasible with Plexserver for Window or could someone post a step-by-step guide?

Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-02-14, 04:46)john.doe Wrote: I have one server locally and 4 friends have shared their servers with me. When I launch plexbmc I now have five selections called 'Movies' and five selections called 'TV Shows'.

Is there a way to remove those selections but still allow browsing remote servers?

I track the origin of servers - so it's fairly straight forward to exclude/group shared servers. My problem has always been how to display them.

When run as a basic addon (non modified skin through the video-> addons menu) then the owner will be displayed against sections.

However on modified skins, I often don't have the space to pass this information. I can create a link called "shared", either under each heading, or a single one, which would create a list of shared sections and owners.

How does that sound?
(2013-02-14, 11:05)hippojay Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 04:46)john.doe Wrote: I have one server locally and 4 friends have shared their servers with me. When I launch plexbmc I now have five selections called 'Movies' and five selections called 'TV Shows'.

Is there a way to remove those selections but still allow browsing remote servers?

I track the origin of servers - so it's fairly straight forward to exclude/group shared servers. My problem has always been how to display them.

When run as a basic addon (non modified skin through the video-> addons menu) then the owner will be displayed against sections.

However on modified skins, I often don't have the space to pass this information. I can create a link called "shared", either under each heading, or a single one, which would create a list of shared sections and owners.

How does that sound?

First off wow. I didn't expect such a quick, amazing reply. I guess I should have mentioned in my first post that I'm running the latest plexbmc on an Frodo (Apple TV2) with the modified Quartz theme.

The UI I'm most used to is the Plex client for Apple TV and I have found that the 'server list' functionality has worked very well. Regardless of what you call it I think it would be a useful addition. That way I'm only browsing my selections by default and I have to intentionally select another server (this is fairly important to me as some friends have good bandwidth and others don't).

When going through the transcoding options I noticed a bandwidth config but no differential between local and remote server. Is that something that is handled by the plugin?

Thanks again for your quick response.
hippojay. Is there anyway you can modify the Si02 skin to be compatible with plexbmc or work with the developer to get it integrated. Would like the new UI for the atv2 instead of the old quartz ui.

Love your work. great addon.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Have you considered adding your repository/plugin to the Fusion installer on XBMCHub.com since the XBMC guys won't add it to the official ones?

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/f...-for-xbmc/

It definitely lowers the technical bar as there's no downloads, file system locations or SCP to be figured out.
Thanks for version 3.1.1. It fixed the problems I was having with the newest plex quartz skin. Love it!
Same 3.1.1 works thanks

Is there a way to remove those selections but still allow browsing remote servers? Alternatively can I locally rename them individually without asking my friends to rename their sections?
I've been using the Quartz skin in "go XBMC" mode, because I wanted quicker access to the XBMC Plug-ins moreso than the Plex Channels, and I also wanted to test out playing my Windows Media Center .wtv files for TV Shows that were still in the progress of being recorded, which sort of required having an XBMC file share to the "Recorded TV" folder on my server, whereas Plex doesn't show all files that are immediately in a folder until it has done its periodic scan. Anyway, after being in "go XBMC" mode, I then made my "myPlexServer:TV Shows" and "myPlexServer:Movies" as Favorites. I then can rename those favorites to strip off the server name (in your case, you could give them unique, but shortened, names). Then, you edit the skin's home page layout (somewhere under Settings) and add the "TV Shows" favorite to the "TV Shows" section, etc.

Using this approach, it also got me wondering if we really need skins to offer *full* PleXBMC support, or if we really just need them to offer the ability to add Favorites under their Home page sections (e.g., under Videos). The only other skin I tested this theory out on so far was the built-in Confluence skin, but I ran into a wall there, because that skin doesn't seem to support adding Favorites under the "Videos" section. The best I could do was add an icon for the PleXBMC plug-in there, which then requires too many remote control navigation/clicking to drill down to the sections you want. But I suspect that there are other skins out there which might have decent support for adding Favorites to the Home screen.
(2013-02-16, 14:51)Scott R Wrote: Using this approach, it also got me wondering if we really need skins to offer *full* PleXBMC support, or if we really just need them to offer the ability to add Favorites under their Home page sections (e.g., under Videos).

I think this is a valid approach, especially if you want to mix and match XBMC and Plex items. The skin(s) were put together to offer a more plex-like experiance, where things just appeared without much configuration.

(2013-02-16, 04:43)jgrave Wrote: Thanks for version 3.1.1. It fixed the problems I was having with the newest plex quartz skin. Love it!

(2013-02-16, 10:23)zebmoon Wrote: Same 3.1.1 works thanks

Great stuff - that's another step to making this the new stable release.
hippojay, kind of off-topic, but I noticed that you had a YouTube video showing a Raspberry Pi running PleXBMC. The UI seemed a little sluggish, but what has been your experience with that device playing full-bitrate Blu-ray .MKV files @ 1080p, web-based content (Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Instant), etc.? Just curious what the current state is of the latest round of low-cost XBMC-capable streamers like the Raspberry Pi and Pivos. Of course, I'm talking about streaming to them *without* needing Plex Media Server do on-the-fly transcoding.

I already have a Acer Revo 1600 (ATOM/ION) nettop that I use as a streamer, but I was never happy with the quality of web-based content on that. Maybe drivers, etc. have gotten better since the last time I tried those things on that, but I'm curious if these newer devices' hardware might actually be better for that purpose. I was always under the impression that web-based content required the CPU to do the work, and that the ATOM was underpowered, so I'd be a little bit surprised if these cheaper (albeit newer) boxes like the Pivos and Raspberry Pi would be more capable.
(2013-01-12, 21:04)TheImmortal Wrote: I am trying to get this plugin working on my Openelec 3 installation. When I click on a video file, it starts playing the audio with no video for about 2 minutes. Then the video catches up and it plays fine after that. I have played with all the settings I can think of and nothings makes any difference.

Hi I am having the exact same issue. What did you choose to fix yours, if it is fixed, that it?
I have tried the different settings hippojay suggested but still picture freezes for a couple minutes.

File is on same system as PMS.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3