• 23(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
(2013-04-08, 21:35)Oz1571 Wrote: I have attempted searching this thread for a solution to my problem, but since I couldn't fine one, I'm posting!
I just updated from XBMC 11.0 to 12.1, along with plexbmc. Both upgrades went fine.

However, when I try to upgrade Quartz V3 for plexbmc from 0.5 to 0.7.5, it says "dependencies not met". I am attempting to upgrade using the .zip file. Does anyone have an idea of what the cause could be?
I'm running Linux (Gentoo), in case that matters. Oh, and the log file says this: "ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/xbmc/skin.quartz3.plexbmc-0.7.5.zip/icon.png"
However, as far as I can tell, there is an icon.png inside the archive.

It's the sciprt.favorites dependancy - it seems to vary whether it exists or not. I@ll see about removing it from the dependancy list - just means it'll need to be installed seperately if you want to use favorites/

(2013-04-08, 23:27)jsully Wrote: Running 12.0, I'm having the exact issue described here. Trying to play any queued videos I get the prompt to select the resolution (which does seem to reflect the actual resolutions available) but after selecting I immediately get URL error: Unauthorized.

Here is, I believe, the relevant log entry: http://pastebin.com/m6qbaJqA
Queued videos play fine through Plex proper on the same machine. Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional info, and thanks for an awesome plugin that gives us the best of both worlds!

Hmmmm - perhaps i've missed off a token somewhere to allow for access outside of the network. The token is being collected, but perhaps not being passed through to the right function.

Can i just check that the "myhostname.com" address is external to your local network and is a device being accessed over the internet?
Add-on:PleXBMC (wiki) - Play Plex media through XBMC
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
PleXBMC Repository - install and manage all PleXBMC addons
Quartz3 PleXBMC - Integrate PleXBMC into home menus
That's correct! It's a Plex server I have hosted out on the Internet. I can send you the full unsanitized logs if that would be helpful.
Ok - in Which case it's a token issue. Let me check it out and see if I can find the problem.
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
hippojay,

Have you looked at getting this to work with XBMC skin widgets or bringing Plex Shelf functions to any xbmc skin? Like Aeon Nox?

Right now I just linked my Nox Submenus to custom links to the Plexbmc "Recent Added" and "On Deck" under TV Shows and Movies (which are custom links also to Plexbmc links).

Also what are the biggest changes from 3.1.5 to 3.1.7?
(2013-04-09, 01:40)hippojay Wrote: It's the sciprt.favorites dependancy - it seems to vary whether it exists or not. I@ll see about removing it from the dependancy list - just means it'll need to be installed seperately if you want to use favorites/

Thank you very much! Installing favorites fixed it.
Om I am using my windows 7 system with XBMc 12 fido. I got plexmbmc install but all I get is script failed. Can some please help me to get this to work Please!!?!?!?!?!?!
Running PMS v0.9.7.22.511-4b5280f on unraid, plexbmc 3.1.5 on frodo 12.1, I'm unable to get thumbnails/fanart to refresh over wan. I had it working with a previous combination of all three, although I couldn't tell you which update broke it all.

I'll add that I can see/refresh the thumbnails over android/plex, browser/myplex, and plexbmc/lan just fine. And, of course, streaming, scanning new files works fine as well. Just the art is blocked.

Any ideas? I've PMed hippojay with a log file.

Any help appreciated.
Update: I tried plexbmc on a windows 7 machine behind the same router as the problem machine and it works fine. So, something specifically on my xbmcbuntu machine is blocking images being sent from my plex server over wan. Where/how to troubleshoot? Any ideas?
It's been a long time since I put out a release - but that's mainly because i've been testing the data caching - which is a rather large change.

PleXBMC 3.2.2

Updates:
  • ADD: server and section caching to speed up home menu population (can be turned off in settings)
  • ADD: Play music via remote
  • FIX: Handle mobile PMS better
  • ADD: "Play transcoded" from context menu
  • ADD: resume from shelf items
  • FIX: subtitile display issue
  • ADD: Support for Amber skin
  • FIX: increase discover timeout (for mobile PMS and slow links like home plugs)
  • FIX: XBMC subtitle loader fix

https://repository-plexbmc-addons.google...-3.2.2.zip

PleXBMC Helper 3.1.4

Updates:
  • FIX: increase discovery timeout for slower links

https://repository-plexbmc-addons.google...-3.1.4.zip

Manual Installs only at the moment, will push out after they have been proved to be stable for all.

(2013-04-26, 22:42)King-Tech Wrote: Om I am using my windows 7 system with XBMc 12 fido. I got plexmbmc install but all I get is script failed. Can some please help me to get this to work Please!!?!?!?!?!?!

i'll need to see the xbmc.log file to work out what the issue is,

EDIT: updated links to 3.2.2 to fix subtitle loader issue
Raspbmc user trying to find a way to stream netflix from my PMS.

I'm getting a script error trying to play a movie using the Netflix channel. All Frodo versions fail, currently using v3.2.2. I can browse through my instant play list without issues but hit the error only when I try to play something. Here are the relevant log entries:

Code:
21:05:26 T:2839540800   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 4455, in <module>
                                                videoPluginPlay(param_url,param_identifier,param_indirect)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 2253, in videoPluginPlay
                                                videoPluginPlay(getLinkURL(vids,bits,server))
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 2253, in videoPluginPlay
                                                videoPluginPlay(getLinkURL(vids,bits,server))
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 2261, in videoPluginPlay
                                                getTranscodeSettings(True)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 4081, in getTranscodeSettings
                                                g_quality = str(int(__settings__.getSetting('quality'))+3)
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:05:26 T:3041452672   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?url=http%3A//10.0.0.223%3A32400/video/netflix/us/lookup%3Ftype%3DMovie%26id%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fapi-public.netflix.com%252Fcatalog%252Ftitles%252Fmovies%252F70121727&mode=18&indirect=1]
21:05:26 T:2839540800  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
Hi, this is my first post and I have a question about pleXBMC. I have a Plex Media Server on one of my computers which I have been using for a little while now to stream over wifi to my ios and android devices as well as other computers around the house (using the Plex desktop application) without any problems.

I would rather use XBMC for my desktop computers instead of the Plex desktop application because of the amount of customization XBMC has. The only problem is I can't get pleXBMC to recognize my Plex Media Center (the one I have been using for all my devices/computers/laptops). This is the first program that wont recognize the Plex media center over wifi and I am not sure why. My question is, am I able to stream from my Plex Media Center computer to my pleXBMC computer over wifi? Or am I not understanding what this add-on is for? I read through the wiki and checked the config in pleXBMC and everything looked good.

I just want to be clear, I have used the actual Plex Desktop app on multiple computers (as well as ios and android devices) and I could stream perfectly fine over wifi from the computer I have setup as the Plex Media Center, but I cannot stream using pleXBMC.

I will also mention I am using all Mac computers, no PC's.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Please explain how you are trying to access plexbmc. I take it you've succesfully installed the plugin. You have to go to the add-ons section of videos and then select plexbmc. If plexbmc is not connecting properly to the PMS, you should try to manually fill in the connection settings in the plexbmc preferences (ip address, port).

Please provide us with more info.
I'm having a problem with subtitles showing, it doesn't seem to be showing them even when English subtitle is selected in the plex list menu. Movie just fires up and no subtitles show? Any thoughts
For those who might find it useful, Amber skin has support for PleXBMC add-on, meaning you will have full integration for it in your XBMC client.

Subtitles are working for me, including downloading - I have added SMB shares and left subs control to XBMC. This is on OS X, don't know about other platforms.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-16, 16:30)pecinko Wrote: For those who might find it useful, Amber skin has support for PleXBMC add-on, meaning you will have full integration for it in your XBMC client.

Subtitles are working for me, including downloading - I have added SMB shares and left subs control to XBMC. This is on OS X, don't know about other platforms.

Those SMB shares won't sync your watch status with Plex though, correct?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3