• 36(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
Hi, I hope you can help. I thought about making a new thread but I thought this might get a bit more visibility from the devs following.

I understand that this might be a QNap/Plex issue but posting it here because I think it is a Kodi/PleXmbc issue.

I have QNAP 469 Pro NAS. This runs Plex 0.9.12.18 - the latest that QNAP supports. I have Kodi Isengard (latest release as of last night) running on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I can see the Plex Media Server in Media Devices (under Network) on all 3 systems - HTPC, Laptop and Gamer. However Kodi/Plexmbc can't see the Plex Server until I turn off the service on the NAS. Fortunately this is easy to do via my mobile and the QNAP QManager app. I can then see the Server in the Plexmbc Settings menu. Also after selecting it then the TV Show, Music, Pictures and Movies sections appear.

I then can enter any of the menus and watch until my heart content, or until I decide to return to the main menu and then I get the "Unable to see any media servers" message appear at the top of the screen. And the additional options next to channels disappear. The only way is to restart the service via my phone and reselect the NAS. The odd thing music is still streaming and if I alt-tab to Windows I can see still see the Plex Media Server listed in Network and browse and play music from it on all machines (including the machine running Kodi which is running and playing music).

The fact that I can see and access the media server suggests it is a PlexXmbc issue.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

EDIT: I am going to cross-post this to the Plex forums as it seems most the of discussion happens there.
Is there any reason why PlexBMC only logs the first track I play from an album and doesn't log the rest? When listening to music via Plex client (Web or Android app), it logs every track played in the Now Playing section. It only seems to be through PlexBMC that it doesn't log it very well.
Is there any addon available, something like TVTunes, that will work with PlexBMC to allow Movie, TV theme music to play? I had a look at TVTunes but, apparently, it's not compatible with PlexBMC? Sad
I can't get the artwork to show up in PleXBMC, version 3.4.6beta3 on 2 of my devices, but when settings up a few other boxes running Kodi, the artwork showed up fine for the same library. Is there a quick way to make the artwork show up?
Hi

I have Kodi/PleXMBC running on two machines. Plex server is running on an unRAID box (Docker) with OpenELEC/PleXMBC running in a VM. I also have a small client box running with OpenELEC/PleXMBC. I can resume from (last viewed) on the client box but can't resume from (last viewed) on the unRAID VM. Any ideas?

Thanks
For those interested, I can confirm that the CU LRC Lyrics add-on now works with PleXBMC, thanks to the good work of Team-Kodi Member Ronie.

You will need to install version 3.2.3 of the add-on, which can be found here:

https://github.com/ronie/script.cu.lrcly...-3.2.3.zip

I've gleaned a little knowledge that may also be of use. You'll need to ensure the filename format %A\%B\%N %T is selected in the add-ons settings, and you may need to delete the lyrics folder if the add-on has been previously used and incorrect lyrics stored (eg...appdata\userdata\addon_data\script.cu.lrclyrics\lyrics).

It's a great add-on, I'm sure you'll agree. All thanks go to Ronie.
I got a little issue with PleXMBC lately.
I run a server with synology DSM and a few days ago the hdd where the plex media server installation is located run out of space.
So for a little time the plex media server didn't run as it should. At that time I didn't knew it and ran the "update library" action.

I couldn't access any of my movies and after noticing the issue I deleted some of the data of the hdd that ran out of space in order to restart the server itself and after that start the plex media server again.

Now everything runs again as it should, but there is the little issue, that some movies won't show any posters anymore.
on my android device with the plex app it runs fine as well as on the plex app on my windows notebook. Just at Kodi with PleXBMC these posters won't show up anymore.
Maybe I just have to delete the cache or something like that? Where is it located on android devices and on windows pcs?

Edit:
Got it solved by cutting theses movies out of the scanned library folder, updated the library omce again, emptied the bin, copied the movies back in and updated the library again.
Not elegant but effective..
(2016-01-23, 20:53)Jemus Wrote: I got a little issue with PleXMBC lately.
I run a server with synology DSM and a few days ago the hdd where the plex media server installation is located run out of space.
So for a little time the plex media server didn't run as it should. At that time I didn't knew it and ran the "update library" action.

I couldn't access any of my movies and after noticing the issue I deleted some of the data of the hdd that ran out of space in order to restart the server itself and after that start the plex media server again.

Now everything runs again as it should, but there is the little issue, that some movies won't show any posters anymore.
on my android device with the plex app it runs fine as well as on the plex app on my windows notebook. Just at Kodi with PleXBMC these posters won't show up anymore.
Maybe I just have to delete the cache or something like that? Where is it located on android devices and on windows pcs?

Every 6 months or so I encounter the issue with artwork not displaying in the library, but the fix is quite simple (for Windows at least):

1. Delete the cache using Kodi File Cleaner (located in Add-ons)
2. Delete the Thumbnails folder from the User Accounts AppData
3. Delete the Textures13.db file from the database folder within AppData.
4. Reinstate the background pictures.
Kodi File Cleaner sounds like it can erase a lot of stuff if you're not careful.
How can one change the transcoder settings in the PleXMBC app for the client side, not the server side?
Hi!

I'd like to know if there's a way to combine Plex and Kodi Jarvis with nfo files?
I already have my media files sorted with nfos, fanarts and posters and I just want Plex Media Server to read and share them to all my kodi clients.

Any idea?
Shouldn't this be renamed to Kodiplex? or Plexkodi?

Just thinking out loud (it's Friday).
Thanks for your precious help, Powerhouse! Rofl
Having some trouble setting this up.

My PC has PMS installed.
Have a Wetek Core in the living room, with Kodi and PleXBMC addon installed.

After installing the addon, i keep getting the "Unable to see any media servers" error. I have entered myplex user and password, and tried auto detection and manual discovery (using localhost as primaru server address and the 32400 port number).

Don't really know what else to do. Any thoughts?
Hi!

I have had some troubles to use the PleXBMC without internet connection. When i try to use the PleXBMC without internet connection, the plugin says "Unable to find server", even if i configure the plugin with "manual mode" and set the ip address and port of my server. When I try to use with one Plex Home Theather (rasplex), everything works fine. It is a bug in the PleXBMC? Or i miss something in the plexbmc configuration?

Thanks!
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3