• 2(current)
[WIP] Crazy Beaver - Nzb's made easy / An auto movie download program
Can we expect this to be cross platform?
jdwoods Wrote:Can we expect this to be cross platform?

I'll try indeed. I'm working with Windows but I also have a Mac and I can install a linux in vitual machine so everything is possible Nod

First still struggling with compiling on Windows
Nvidia Shield Android Marshmallow - Kodi 16.0
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Logitech Harmony Elite + Keyboard
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
I think the easiest way to make it crossplatform would be to just use the python code.
E.g. Windows an ubuntu users can use the sickbeard installation guide
http://sickbeard.com/install.html
http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-...linux-mint

This way you don't have to compile and it is easy for everyone to stay up to date?
My knowledge concerning this is not that great, so do correct me if i'm completely missing the pointSmile

KR
brainzor Wrote:I think the easiest way to make it crossplatform would be to just use the python code.
E.g. Windows an ubuntu users can use the sickbeard installation guide
http://sickbeard.com/install.html
http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-...linux-mint

This way you don't have to compile and it is easy for everyone to stay up to date?
My knowledge concerning this is not that great, so do correct me if i'm completely missing the pointSmile

KR

Yes it's a solution but it's way too much difficult and painful for most of the users. It's true that the option to run it from the source code will be proposed but I'll also self exec
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Gotcha007 Wrote:Yes it's a solution but it's way too much difficult and painful for most of the users. It's true that the option to run it from the source code will be proposed but I'll also self exec

Wouldn't say it is too difficult and basically "replicating" Sickbeard may be a good way. It would still be fully executable on Windows anyways, Linux users are used to "complex" solutions, and the Mac users around have probably already installed the necessary software from their SB installations.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Wouldn't say it is too difficult and basically "replicating" Sickbeard may be a good way. It would still be fully executable on Windows anyways, Linux users are used to "complex" solutions, and the Mac users around have probably already installed the necessary software from their SB installations.

Yes right, good point

By the way. I did solve my compile issue normally. Still some tests to do.
Hope to release an alpha version for the W-E Big Grin
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Gotcha007 Wrote:Yes right, good point

By the way. I did solve my compile issue normally. Still some tests to do.
Hope to release an alpha version for the W-E Big Grin

Very cool. Looking forward to it!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
A screenshot of my progress for the GUI
Still a bunch of work to do but I'm nearly to release an alpha version.

Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Another Screenshot update of my progress Cool

Movie info are mostly done.
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Can't wait to try this out, especially if you work in support for NZB R Us as already mentioned.
NTMID8 Wrote:Can't wait to try this out, especially if you work in support for NZB R Us as already mentioned.

It's not NZB r us but nzbs
nzbs has been temporarily removed as I don't have an account to test (registration are closed). Maybe if someone can share with me his account for doing some test it would be great.

For NZB R us I'll have a look and tell you if it's possible to integrate it for the next release
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
this app looks fantastic!

you should take a look at adding support for nzb.su. It's free, based on the open source newznab software. It works great, and you won't have to worry about trying to find or buy an account.
rbrohman Wrote:this app looks fantastic!

you should take a look at adding support for nzb.su. It's free, based on the open source newznab software. It works great, and you won't have to worry about trying to find or buy an account.

thanks mate, we will be the next one after the others Cool
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Gotcha007 Wrote:Maybe if someone can share with me his account for doing some test it would be great.

Email sent, hope it helps.
Gotcha007 Wrote:thanks mate, we will be the next one after the others Cool

Can you add in support for all newznab servers, rather than specifically nzb.su? I run my own newznab server and would love this functionality.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Crazy Beaver - Nzb's made easy / An auto movie download program2